Wednesday, October 11, 2006

ColoradoBennett





Meags, your pictures are wonderful, more precisely, your children are wonderful. And you look fantastic. We wish we could have been there claming with you, maybe next year.
We had a weekend jam packed with birthdayness. My sister, Grace, had her birthday party at the pool on Saturday morning then Sierra had a party that afternoon at a Fall Festival. I wanted to have Sierra's party at a pumpkin patch, but it is expensive to get all her friends and their parents into one. Then I found a free festival and worked it out for everyone to meet there. It was great. There were horse-drawn carriage rides, pumpkin patch, blacksmith shop, mountain man/native american booths, panning for gold, stilts, a tee-pee, scarecrow making, etc. Adam and my dad (and all the other dads) got into a stilts competition, it was hilarious.
This morning I was working out and I heard a faint knock at the door. The primary president dropped off a note and here is what she said:
"I've had you in my heart with little Danger Tristan and pray that soon you will be able to bring him into our midst with a blessing. I don't know the issues but when I think of his name I relate it to Zion's camp and what Joseph Smith might have told his persecutors, 'Danger, God is in this storm'. I think of what Goliath should have thought of, 'Danger cometh in David.' Brigham Young could have had that name as well...in other words, they all meant danger to the enemy. I'd like to think that if you choose to be submissive to your hubby's will, that the law of God will take over. It might be a shock to bless a child by that name but soon that will be overrided by the blessing your son will be for those around him as they feel protected by miracles. His friends will have the blessing of walking in dangerous instances as instruments in the Lord's business, protected as were the stallworth of old. As W. Woodruff, he will not be afraid for he will carry the fear of the Lord in his eyes. Anyways, this is what I think. I pray soon you will be able to bless your baby. Love, Sister Vigil"
On Sunday the bishop was presiding and reminded everyone that it was fast sunday, looked longingly at us and asked if there were any babies to be blessed. We shook our heads and I think poor Sister Vigil thought there was still a battle going on between Adam and I. She sure makes a good argument, though. I told the bishop later that we plan to bless Tristan in California so that Adam's family could be involved. He understood, but I could tell he really wanted it to happen here. How sweet our little ward family is. Here is a picture of little Danger, cute outfit, mad baby. The girls got their Halloween/Sierra's birthday package last night from Danna and Pa. they tried everything on right away and LOVED it. Even Adam ran off to try on his new clothes for the wedding (ha ha, he didn't really). Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home