Friday, January 19, 2007

Bavaria

We finally have our modem working again. Wow, I realized how much I depend on the internet as my link to family and friends.

I'm sure mom tried to call, but Adam's blog was the first time I heard about Papa Les. I know that the last few years have been filled with a great deal of pain for our family and in most ways he was already gone for us. But my mind is filled with so many wonderful memories of the man that was my grandpa for over two decades. I can only pray that he's up in Heaven apologizing to Grandma and realizing that he just wasn't quite in his right mind these past few years. I love the man that he was and I am hoping that there was just a little something wrong with his brain and that he loves us too. Wow, won't Heaven be exciting for us? We'll get to see how the whole Dale, Verl, Les, Grandma saga turned out.

Robbins family- CONGRATULATIONS!!! How great it feels to have a missionary home. Give Joel some hugs from me too. I'm so excited that Monie got a computer. Does this mean we will be hearing from her on the blog? I hope so.


Well I probably need to get going. I'm still in my pj's and it is almost 11. If any of you watched CNN today you will have heard about Germany's huge winds last night. Part of our fence is blown down and I spent the night awake with Ellyn. Everything was just so loud that she couldn't stay asleep. Her bedroom was on the side of the house that was getting hammered and once she was out of her norm she thought she should just stay awake and play. Amazing storm.

Jess, how much longer?

Darla, has Ellynn given you your Christmas present yet? You need to get it from her. Just a few more days for Geof. How's he doing?

Meags, I'm sorry about your school experience. Don't you love moments like that when your emotions get away from you? I'm glad you got to go to the condo- I'm a bit jealous. I HATE winter. Gray and rainy every day. All I want to do is curl up in a ball and hybernate- after eating enough to last me through the winter of course. By the way- did you hear about the bears that are waking up in the Russian zoos? It's so warm they think winter is over. Warm enough for them but not for me.

I love you all. Oh- one more thing- we went to Prague on Monday and it is amazing and I can't wait to take anyone that comes over- it's only two hours away.

Love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home