Monday, January 29, 2007

Bavaria

Hi Fambily, I hope you are all well. So good to hear from Jess and Cam. Yes, both of you need to work on your family members. Chelsea, silly girl for admitting that you read the blog everyday, it is time we hear from you too. Jess, I'm sorry you were sick and I'm sorry laying in bed is so uncomfortable. I can't sleep at all those last few months, when I lay on my side all of my extra weight makes my hips just ache. I love Tony's calling, I think we'll have to have that for Ellyn. I had my feelings hurt for her a little bit yesterday in nursery, even though it was a dumb reason. The regular nursery leader wasn't there (she was a special ed teacher and the two of us have discussed how to keep Ellyn involved) and when I walked in to get her all of the kids were doing ring around the rosies with the teacher and Ellyn was sitting on the floor with this smile on her face watching them. I know that the teacher didn't know that Elly LOVES ring around the rosies or that all she had to do was take her hand and she would join. Sadie was so cute she grabbed Ellyn's hand and mine and we did ring around the rosies next to them.

I was in our ward in a stake capacity yesterday-yes by the way we were made a ward yesterday- I was in Primary the entire time and I just about died. Sadie is hillarious and a little bit loud as well. But she answers all the questions and sings with gusto. She added "cha, cha, cha" to the end of the birthday song and when Jane was the spotlight child she called out "It's my Janie" after only two of the clues. There were countless other little things she did that had me laughing and a bit concerned. She did pretty well but we need to work on not shouting out the answers. Our friend Dave makes fun of me because he says everytime I try to discipline Sadie I'm laughing. It's not entirely true, but sometimes yes.

We had ten inches of snow last week in one night by the way and school was only delayed two hours. Jane and Sadie showed me just how tough they were last week, playing outside for hours in the snow. Sadie collided with a sled and cut her chin and her nose and they still didn't even come in till I went out to get them. We have a fabulous hill across the street and they really had alot of fun. Last night it rained and so now our winter wonderland is almost completely gone.

Saturday I went to a R.S. conf for our stake. Four of us from our ward sang "More Holines Give Me" with the second verse being a german solo by a young woman-newly 18- in our ward. I had to sing soprano because no one else could consistently reach a high C- whatever, not my favorite. Any way, a member of the stake presidency was there and asked if we would sing it in ward conf. the next day. So as we are going up to the podium Gina-the yw-turns to me and says "Please sing the second verse with me, please, I can't do it here by myself." What am I supposed to say to that as we are about to sing, so luckily Mike and I have been able to figure out pronunciation of german words- for the most part and I sang with her. Nothing like a little last minute singing in German to get your heart going.


Okay, I have to go now. Sorry this has been so rambling, very poor writing, and fairly boring. I'm sick and achy today and very tired. Ellyn has a Dr. appt. today which I am not going to miss however. I am really hoping they have some ideas about what we can do with her sleep schedule. Last night was totally typical-still not asleep at 10:30, awake screaming at 3:00am, and back to sleep for an hour from 6:30-7:30. Sometimes she'll fall asleep at about nine and then she's up at 1:00 and awake until four. It is killing us. Really, this writing is killing me, I can't seem to put a normal sentence together. I'm blaming it on illness.

I love you all. Love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home