Friday, March 02, 2007

Still alive and definitely still kicking...

It has taken me almost 2 weeks of random visits to my moms to get through all the blogs and all the comments. I have been keeping a list of things I would like to respond to and now I have the time to sit down and write. Not having the internet at home really sucks and so you will all have to suffer through this ginormous blog. First off I don't think I am a fan of the comments because like Adam I couldn't remember which ones I had read. I think it will be better now that I am caught up. Geoffie, congrats and I love you, I knew you could do it. Geof and Darla, congrats on a boy, any names yet? The math problems were hilarious, I can really relate to the guy who hung himself, that is how I felt my third time around in math 1050. Meags, I too, told Alicia and my mom about your birthday story and started crying and they started crying. Dad, Kev and Tony were there, hopefully they took note. Cor, you are one of a kind. I don't remember who talked about the mormon tea party but that sounds like a blast. I am going to recommend it to my YW. Meags, I loved the fridge cleaning story, surprisingly mine is a mess but I am doing a thorough house cleaning tomorrow before the baby and I will be sure to take a look under mine. Brooke and Mike, congrats on the baby. I missed the hint too but your mom told me while she was here. That is awesome. Brookie, you mentioned venting a while back and you can vent on here anytime, that is what we are here for. I love nutella as well, I became an addict in Europe, we put it on everything...bread, cheese, chocolate...that's right chocolate dipped in more chocolate. Meags your comment about sending the scrapbook thingy by mail was funny. Adam, happy late birthday and sorry we kind of stole your day too. Geof and Darla happy late anniversary and sorry we kind of stole your day as well.

Anywho I think that is all the comments I wanted to make so now I can tell you what has been going on in my life. The baby has made a permanent home in my uterus with no immediate plans to move out. I have been at a 1 for the past three weeks and am only 1/2 way thinned. I do think she is putting on some pounds because I definitely am. My stomach has gotten way bigger just in the past two weeks. She is always kicking like crazy but I love that part of it. Something has started happening in the past 2 days that is not so fun...my legs are swelling like an elephant. The other day I was wearing socks that were about mid-calf length. I took them off and got in the shower and about had a heart attack while soaping my leg. There were huge bumps above where my socks were. I was horrified thinking it was probably a blood clot but it went away after I laid down for a few hours. I think I need to take it easy which is fine by me, I have been pretty tired lately. Only 11 days until my due date but I guess really it could happen any time. I had my first shower and it was so fun, I got a lot of great stuff and I have another one tomorrow. I am hoping to finish the bumper pads tomorrow and we just finished the nursery last week. I will post some pictures. After a lot of work it turned out pretty good. I will keep you updated.

I met Brind's Julia a few weeks ago, she is a doll! She reminds me a lot of Mindi and she gave me a hug when she left, what a cutie.

Tony had a good birthday on the 11th. It was on a Sunday so we couldn't do much and he worked the Friday and Saturday before, oh well. We went to his mom's for a little party, it was fun.

Valentines day was fun as well, we went to Tony Roma's for dinner, which I really like. We decided to make or buy each others gifts for $5. Tony got a bunch of pictures of us developed from when we were dating up to now and wrote an adorable card about how much fun we have had together just the two of us but how he is excited for the future and the new little one. It was perfect.

Our anniversary was good as well but note to all unmarried cousins...don't get married on your mother in laws birthday. Just kidding but it was Kim's 50th birthday so we threw her a big surprise party at the spaghetti factory with about 80 people. It was really fun and I think she had a great time. So to celebrate our anniversary and go on a little "babymoon" while sticking to a bugdet we headed to Logan last Friday. It was really nice just to get away. We went out to dinner and cold stone and watched movies and slept in. We went swimming for the first time since I have been big and it was so nice to take the weight off.

Did anyone see The Office about 2 weeks ago? It was the one with the bat and it was probably the best one I had ever seen. We just kept rewinding and rewinding the part where Dwight fell off the desk. It was brilliant.

My friend and her family have started this thing like My Girlfriend's Kitchen, I am not sure if you have heard of that but we get together once a month and you bring the ingredients for a bunch of the same meal and then you switch meals with everyone and leave with several different meals. I don't know if that makes sense but it is really fun and I went to that tonight so now I have some food for when the baby it here. My friend also invited me to a card party where you bring a bunch of the same card and then switch cards with everyone and you leave with a variety of adorable hand made cards. I went and bought the stuff for them and I am going to make them on Sunday. I am not sure if that makes sense either...it is late.

Speaking of I better go, I still have to cut moms hair and get mine trimmed before I go to bed and my elephant ankles are definitely ready for bed. I love you all and I will write again sooner so it won't be such a novel next time.

Love Jess

1 Comments:

At 8:50 AM , Blogger Mindi said...

You guys have got to stop juxtaposing Brind's lover's with me. It seems to be a bad omen. Jess, I love the food and card swap parties. Good luck with the last few weeks of pregancy. And remember, however birth goes for you there are few feelings more wonderful than holding your newborn after it is all done and done. Alls well that ends well. Keep telling yourself that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home