Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Bavaria

I don't know if I have the heart to publish after seeing all the tri-cities pics. We just couldn't make it while I lived at home. JERKS!!!!!!!!

Life here is busy. This weekend we were going to go somewhere fun and we didn't. We decided the responsible thing to do was stay home and get our house finished up. There were too many things I needed Mike's help on, things I can't lift at the moment. It was such beautiful weather for the first few days that it felt like a vacation right here at home. Monday, however, when we were supposed to go to Munich and go to Lego Land and we stayed home because it was raining I got a little cranky. We only have so many more weekends with Mike and the ability to go fun places as a family.

Sadie had a great birthday though. We had a family party Monday night and then yesterday I took an icecream cake into pre-school and yesterday afternoon we had her friends from the neighborhood over for a little glorified playdate party. Our original plan had been an outdoor, backyard, trampoline, sprinkler, etc...party but it was pouring rain. I was a little stressed coming up with what to do with 8 kids in the house but we had fun and it all went well. Sadie asked me yesterday afternoon if she was six now because she was having so many birthdays. Pretty funny.

Jane started her outdoor adventure week yesterday. Luckily the first day was caving and rock climing. Unfortunately they had to do their rock climbing at the gym. But she loved the caves and it cleared up enough to go for an outdoor hike after, so that was cool. Today it is not supposed to rain, which is good because they have a 20 km bike ride and then swimming (at an indoor pool).

Poor Mike was out in the pouring rain most of the day and until about 1 am last night. Then he was up and out the door by 6 this morning. He will come home Friday night and leave Saturday morning for 7-10 days. He is enjoying what he is doing though, so that's good. We miss him, but what can you do?

I have a meeting with Ellyn's teachers this morning to discuss her schooling for next year. In fact I had better go now or I'll be late. A Bennett late? No way. Actually, my husband has dang near trained it out of me. Not all the time, but more often than not.

I love you all. All of the pictures are awesome.

Love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home