Friday, May 18, 2007

I agree

LeAnne it is so fun to read your blogs. You really get me thinking. I totally agree family is so important especially our older generation. Our time is so limited with them. We really do need to take advantage of their lives, and that they are actually here to do the telling. Thanks for the reminder. I definitely have not been using my time as wisely as I should.
Also now that your home will soon be officially on the market. I am crossing my fingers that we will make it in time to see it before you move. Because like I have told Cameron it is really worth seeing, and I would love to see all of the work you have done. It really has been to long.
Well life is good here. I have been able to slow down a little and catch up on the duties of being a Mom. Although my laundry room would still say other wise. Poor Harley has been asking for the same article of clothing for a week. Maybe it will materialize today. Cameron has been extremely busy at work. He has been working 10 to 12 hour days for the past week and will continue to until the end of next week. He already has a plate full there. But their truck driver (his best friend Bruce) is on a two week honeymoon in Scotland. The only others that work here and there at the office (because they are out selling) his Father and his fathers partner. Have taken turns going on vacation. So he has only himself and one other to rely on to keep up the office while he makes the deliveries. It will take him a full week after Bruce comes back just to slightly catch up on the office work. The up side to all of this is we will be making some good overtime.
My girls are in seventh heaven this week. I booked a trip to Disneyland at the end of September following Harley's play. Which by the way runs thru September 15th to the 22nd. The girls have been hard at work making money, so that they will be able to buy "a lot of things when they go there." We have exactly 127 days until we leave (yes they had me count) which means they have the possibility of making some good money. They can make 1 dollar a day if they make their beds when they wake up and keep their room and bathroom clean all day. Which means they are actually picking up after themselves. The hardest part of the deal is that they have to obey Mom and Dad. If we have to ask them more than once to do anything, they lose their dollar for the day. If they end up losing it then they are immediately at work for tomorrows dollar because if it happens again they can lose that too. It sounds a little harsh. But in all reality they have made a dollar a day for the last 5 days. I am hoping by the end of this they will have picked up some good habits. Harley did this last year and bought herself a bike last spring. If I remember right she was able to buy the bike after 2 months. I know it is a long time to wait for a little one, but she was so proud of herself. She registered the bike in her name the minute we came home. We were so proud of her. So, yeah!!! This will be our first trip alone with just our little family. We are so excited.
Well, I love you all.
Moni
P.S. I did my homework and if you are looking for a good deal on Disneyland go to getawaytoday.com. I booked a 2 bedroom suite. One room with bunkbeds and kids furniture, and the other with 2 queens, and 3 day park hoppers for the whole fam. All for a grand total of 1246.00. I tried to do it myself and failed miserably I would have paid about $300 more. So, YEAH!!!

1 Comments:

At 9:33 AM , Blogger Chelsea Covington said...

Monica, that is awesome! Good parenting is so so so important and I will definately keep that idea in mind. Discipline and earning rewards are great lessons. When the boys are here, their rules are completely different from their moms. Needless to say, they thrive on the attention and things always run so smoothly. Joey is a great Dad so that definately helps! :) I love it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home