Monday, May 14, 2007

I love you guys

This blog thing has been wonderful. I know, I know, you are all sitting there thinking. "We told you so what took you so long." Well none the less I have loved reading about everyone and their lives. It really is nice to see how truly alike we all are. I love this family!
Well Darla I am so glad you made it. You are one brave girl, but if you have to do it, you do it. I don't think you are crazy in the least. I've found that the trips usually make up for the headache of flying with kids. Plus all of those people that you thought were thinking you were nut case, probably were only feeling sorry for your plight. Also I wish I could help with the fruit flies, but all I have ever done to get rid of them, is to get rid of the fruit. Actually now that I am thinking about it the fridge is a really great way of storing it without the bugs, and your fruit lasts much longer, so I guess you can try that. I have never had fruit flies in my fridge, but I always have fruit. By the way your pics were sweet.
Mindi your date sounds like a blast, and I really do like the idea of that set up with your friends. Alicia and I have done a few of those exchanges. They work out wonderfully. We just tend to forget that the option is there. I feel babysitters are really out of control. When one of my babysitters told me, for three kids she usually receives about 6 dollars an hour $2 per kid. I about died. Truly why don't we babysit for a living. These kids are making great money. Back to your date, I am glad you guys had fun.
My mothers day was awesome. Cameron and the girls went shopping Saturday for a gift. Once they came home I was banned from our office. Cameron was having such a hard time. He kept asking me if they could give it to me a day early. He is one, who truly needs to shop the day before because once the gift is home he can’t wait to give it. Well even though it was tough. Sunday morning finally came, and the minute I woke up I was told I couldn’t leave my bed until the girls came and got me. Now if anyone has seen my house they know that if it is not the month of December, the house looks pretty sparse. There are many bare walls. One wall in particular drives me nuts. The wall where the entertainment center is very large and very bare and has been in need of something. Well as I am taken out of my bed with my eyes covered. They face me in the direction of this wall and tell me to open my eyes. They covered my wall in a beautiful painting of the Salt Lake temple. It is a painting I have sinfully coveted for years. I am so excited. For anyone who is curious you can get on to Deseret books web site and look it up. The painting is called Eternal Reflections and the artist is Sandra B. Rast. It is pretty amazing and full of symbolism. I can’t stop staring at it. I guess the girls made quite a few decisions concerning the color of the matte, the frame etc. So they really did have quite a bit to do with it.
Cameron also spoke in church it was a great tribute to his mother and all of the mothers in his life he did an amazing job and I was so proud of him. After church we had the opportunity of speaking to Jan who just left to Italy in the last week. It was so fun. My parents and brothers left to Japan on Friday, so I had the privilege of coordinating the call at home. So Jord and Michelle and our family talked to him on speaker phone. We had a blast. Jan has been in Italy for a whopping 4 days and has already been called as the second counselor in the branch presidency there. He said so far so good he just doesn’t understand a thing that they are saying. He had to stand in the circle for a few blessings with the presidency yesterday and he said it was pretty neat. For some reason I cannot remember exactly what area he is in, but I do know his apartment is within blocks of the ocean. We looked it up on google earth while we were on the phone with him. Sadly he says the water is supposedly warm, but luckily he said the waves are not to high so it will be easier for him to stay away.:) He loves his comp which i think is a good sign. So all is well with him.
Well this short blog has become extremely long. I apologize. Love you all.
Moni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home