Tuesday, May 15, 2007

ColoradoBennett









Woohoo, my Internet is working. I just spent the whole morning trying to work out April's budget. I discovered "PearBudget" and it works pretty well, but there just isn't enough room for all the categories I want. Anyway, it takes forever but it sure feels good to know where all the money is going (can anyone guess? my food & Adam's "hobbies"). Saturday was my brother's birthday party. He had a bouncy castle and Sierra demonstrated her ultimate fighting skills by pounding on Jay and all his 8 year-old friends. All the moms were looking at me like "what are you raising there"? Then I left Adam and the girls at the party while I went to help my half-sister, Nell, do her high school presentation. She asked Gram and I to help her with her project and she chose the topic of cake decorating. We spend weeks preparing, but when we got in there the room was super warm thus my frosting was too runny. The rose I made melted into a puddle before I even got it onto the cake. We had made some flowers before hand and I had kept them safe in my freezer on wax paper. To carry them into the school I just put them on Tristan who I thought was sleeping. But he woke up and grabbed the paper and crumbled them all to pieces before I even knew what was going on. If you are picturing this in your mind you might be thinking that was dumb thing to do, and I won't argue, but I had a lot to carry. The audience was small and forgiving, however, and it was fun.

We are staying home today in an effort to catch up on housecleaning, laundry, paperwork, etc. But staying home only leads to making more messes. Here are a few pictures. Tristan pulled himself up for the first time yesterday. We made pita bread with Hoosam. Sierra rode horses at Jay's party but her eyes got all itchy and watery. She was really bummed because she wanted to keep riding. We still don't know about the house we hope to get. The realtor was gone this weekend and the person who has the contract right now got another extension until Friday. this whole process is torture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home