Saturday, June 30, 2007

ColoradoBennett

For the past few weeks the girls have been saying funny things and I'll think, "I need to remember that so I can blog it." But then I promptly forget. I do remember one thing Sierra said, just 'cause Gram called me later to remind me how silly it was. Sierra and Gram were outside and Sierra felt something brush up against her leg. She was too nervous to look down and see what it was so she asked Gram to. She said, "Is it a 'zinc'?" When Gram asked what a 'zinc' was, she said, "You know "Monster Zinc" the movie? I'm scared of Zinc." I think the last time she saw anything to do with "Monster's Inc." was at Disneyland last year. Pretty cute. It makes me wonder what other "play-on-word" type phrases she is confused about.
I moved our last foreign student out today. Hoosam was sad to leave. He is moving in with a divorced lady who has three jobs, one of which is a lingerie party host. She's big and loud and a little rough around the edges. He's already convinced he isn't going to like it there, and I bet he is probably right. We've had 6 students over the past year and a half and Hoosam was the most work for me (he needed a lot of help with his homework and that was time consuming). But it has been a good learning experience for all of us.

Today we had our first open house. I read a scripture the other day about how we cannot put our trust in man, only in God. Well, I'm sure that applies to selling houses too. We have a sweet realtor, named Sarah, she's new and we picked her because she is motivated and seems to have the right personality. But she had a lot of critical details about our house listed totally wrong. It is just going to take a miracle, and I'm confident it'll happen soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home