Friday, June 01, 2007

VA

Meags, I can't believe you're MAKING Bennett run a 5K. My dad didn't make me run one until I was like 14 or something...(: No, I think that's great. I'm sure she'll be fine. I wish I could do it with you! I swear, I'm at that stage of pregnancy where everything looks so great...yet I can't do any of it. I want Geof. and I to buy road bikes so bad I can't stand it, I want to go backpacking...running (running here is like running in Wa.-beautiful green everywhere), I want to be able to actually swim in the river rather than just kind of stand there. I tried sort of swimming in it the other day and got really nervous because things just didn't feel the same. My heart does skip a beat when I see Geof. in his uniform. I hope you all clicked on the pic for a closer shot...isn't he hot?!! (now I'm just trying to embarrass him). But really, Geof. has the best smile. And Cole is sooo excited to see his daddy. Our camping trip wasn't a complete failure. We enjoyed the evening because it was beautiful and the weather was cool, and we actually got a pretty good fire going. It started getting less fun when the little flies started in, in our noses, our eyes, our hair. And then the sun got real hot and that mixed with humidity is every pregnant woman's nightmare. It's funny how Geof. and I can be however. We tend to compete with eachother (somewhat unknowingly). It's almost as if neither of us wanted to admit we were a little miserable. Finally Cole asked "when are we going to go swimming in the river? I wanna go home?". Perfect excuse to leave. We had no water where we were camping, and any water within hiking distance was too far for me to go. So we packed up, sold our 2nd night to some eager campers (fooled them!), and left. It was nice. We went home, went swimming, and enjoyed "Lord of the Rings" on our big TV that night. Aren't we tough? (: Well, enough about that. It was as fun as it could of been and I'm glad we had the experience of seeing Shenandoah National Park.
Mindi, those pics are great. How do you and Cory do that collage thing? Ton and Jess, I loved your camping pictures. Parenthood really changes you doesn't it? Moni, Beck is gorgeous and of course I'm way envious of your camera and shooting skills. Ellynn, where are you??! Your posts are never long enough and we miss you! Chels, keep us updated on the wedding and send pics of the boys if you can. Le Anne, we enjoy your blogs. We wish we were spending the summer in Wa. with you. And lastly, Brooke, tell me more about your new place. We need some recent pics of you guys as well. How's the pregnancy? Do you get anymore ultrasounds? Well I gotta run. Cole and Dayne have been wrestling this whole time and Dayne's just about had it. They're becoming pretty good friends though. It's great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home