Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Bavaria

Geof., those pictures are beautiful. We have to do that as a family- when I can come. This week I have been thinking alot about the trip I made down to Utah with the girls and over to see Adam and Mindi and I have really been missing Utah, southern Utah, the Rockies,..America. It really is such a beautiful country. It is beautiful here too, amazingly so, but I have been thinking of the west lately and all the many, many road trips Mike and I have taken over the years.

Aunt Jackie, thank you for the update on Lydia. I knew I was forgetting something on my last blog and remembered right as I was going to bed the other night. Tuning 4,000 bowls sounds pretty overwhelming. How does one go about tuning bowls? Is it like water in glasses-keep the water at this line and you will be able to play "twinkle twinkle little star." I'm glad she's healthy again. I can only imagine how worried you and Uncle Kev must have been. Your RVing sounded wonderful as well.

Everything is going well here. A new girl moved in right across the street and she and Jane have played together ALOT. She is very mature and supportive of letting Sadie play right along with them, which really is cool. Jane is so great about it too. I remember being quite a jerk about that. Maybe I was nice at that age too. I can't remember. Jane volunteers to take Ellyn out in her wagon all the time. Ellyn loves it. There is a herd of deer (someone owns them) behind the houses the next block over and a little path through the woods and all the kids love to go feed the deer. The owner will give them scraps for the kids to feed to them. The girls both got Heeley's this week and they are really having fun with them.

Um...Meagan, we need to have a few words. I didn't know about the run and a few other things that we need to discuss. Good luck with that.

By the way, mom reacted exactly like you said she would when I told her the baby's name was Sawyer "Brooke, he's not a very moral man." Had to explain that it was the name we liked, not that we were naming our son after Sawyer. I told her to think of Tom Sawyer but I think I might go with it. "I hope my son is a successful con-man. I hope my son is as witty as his namesake. Maybe he'll have a cleft chin too."

Okay, I love you all. I'm really going to bed now. Love, me

Ad and Mindi, how is Ki's toe? Is it healing okay? I hope so.

Well, I'm off to bed now. We just had all of Mike's Platoon Leaders and wives/girlfriends (about ten altogether) over for a big steak dinner and they all just left. They were playing a game and I didn't want to be anti-social and go to bed so I got the girls to bed, checked my e-mails and

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home