Sunday, July 01, 2007

Swastika




Dear Family,


I talked to Uncle Rulan at Vance's son's wedding last night about the Swastika. It is not a swastika, a swastika faces the other way. That is a horse blanket that he bought from a tribe of Indians down in AZ.. So I guess that will solve the Nazi conspiracy! ha ha We just got back from 10 days RVing, it was great. We were only about 15 miles from Park City and went to shows and dinner there. We also went to Heber to go to their yard sales. So lets see movies, food, swimming, yard sales and being away, all in all it was great! We even went on 2 hikes and I can figure out how I will post some pictures. One with Alicia and co. and then Kev and I went up and didn't get real far when we found bear tracks and unlike Adam (which I still am having a hard time thinking about!!!) we turned around and went back to camp. We had only brought little guns and all they would have done if we would have shot at one, would have ticked him off. Kev said if we saw one that we should just shoot ourselves! Anyway it was great and I'm ready to go out again as soon as I can talk Kev into it. We have heard form Lyd, some by texting and we have gotten a number and talked to her a couple of times. I don't think that I told you the story about her and her heat exhaustion. If I have remember that I'm old and excuse me! Anyway she was sitting in 100 degrees in the sun, with a sweater on, freezing, so they put her in a car to take her where she thought that they were taking her home. She kept telling them sleep and tired, but the interpreter wasn't there yet, so thank goodness they didn't get it and they took her to what they call a hospital. Lyd called it more like a WWII barracks where no one spoke any English and when they took her temp. and it was 103 they all looked really scared. Anyway they shot her in the butt with something and sent her home with some herbs. Now she is very careful to keep her body temp down with wet rags and lots of water. Now we know where they get "Sweat Shops" from! They just left Jinzhou China and are in Qinhuangdao China at the Holiday Inn, you can look it up on line, it is beautiful. Now that they are there she has 4000 more bowls to tune. We still don't know when we will see her and yes it is very hard for us here in West Kaysville to think of her being so very very very far away!!! Good Luck Mike I'm praying for you and your family!! Congratulations on the boy child, maybe Kev should have given it one more try!!! Kaia I'm so very sorry about your toe and hope that you are doing better! I'd better get going, I'm going to be late for Church. Love you All!!!!Aunt Jack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home