Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bavaria

I want my house to be the hang out. I want my house to be the hang out. I want my house to be the hang out. I want my house to be the hang out.

This is my mantra that I must repeat to myself a million times a day as I listen to a bunch of silly, loud 11 year old girls and clean up the rocks and balls and dead grasshopper collections from the boys next door. It is fun, I just don't think I will have a clean house again in the next 18 years and that's a little scary.

Okay Jess, I know if I delay this I won't ever do it so here goes:

Jobs I've held

1. babysitter
2. groom at a horse ranch
3. Bellewood Retirement Center-waitress, dining room supervisor, front desk, sub weekend manager, and sub housekeeper (the worst)
4.Rainy Day Bookstore (the best job ever)
5. Respite provider
6.Pizza Hut- Rexburg- waitress
7. Mitzels American Kitchen- waitress
8. Brick Oven- host, manager, waitress, personnel manager, Mike's boss :)
9.Chevy's-waitress
10. Lone Star Steak House
11. Outback Steak House
12. mom
13. Army FRG and husband's personal assistant

Movies I can watch over and over
1. Lion King, Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Robin Hood, Wallace and Gromitt, because they make my Ellyn happy
2. Princess Diaries, Devil Wears Prada, Bride and Prejudice, High School Musical, because they make Jane and Sadie happy.
3. Any Jane Austen movie
4. Steel Magnolias
5. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, South Pacific, Sound of Music, Oklahoma
6. River Runs Through It
7. It's a Wonderful Life
8. Princess Bride

Guilty Pleasures
1. snuggling with my husband
2. snuggling my kids
3. sleeping in
4. mom' s hot fudge sauce
5. a thick fashion magazine on a long flight
6. Shadow of the Moon
7. talking on the phone to family
8. spending a hot summer day at the pool or the lake

Places I've Lived
1. Syracuse, Utah
2. River Dale, Utah
3. North Salt Lake, Utah
4. Highlands Ranch, Colorado
5. Issaquah, Washington
6. Rexburg, Utah
7. Provo, Utah
8. Battleground, Washington
9. Lawton, Ok
10. Columbus, Ga
11. Ft. Benning, Ga
12. Watertown, NY
13. Copenhagen, NY
14. Vilseck, Germany
some of these places I've lived more than once.

Shows I Enjoy
1. Lost
2. 24
3. Battle Star Galactica
4. American Idol

What were the first things you thought of when you saw your significant other for the first time?
1. um...really cute (okay hot)
2. he just woke up from a nap (it was evening at ward prayer and part of his hair was sticking up in the back)
3. nice docs
4. P.M.- pre-missionary
5. why did I take his hand like that? (for the prayer we all held hands and I realized I had interlocked all of my fingers with his- and I was the one who did it)
6. outgoing- he was planning an activity for a bunch of people- (silly me)

Places I've been on vacation
1. Utah
2. California- all over
3. Yellow Stone
4. Washington
5. Idaho
6. Montana
7. Cancun
8. Hawaii
9. Oklahoma (eastern)
10. Las Vegas
11. New York City and Westpoint
12. Savannah, Georgia
13. Cleveland, Ohio
14. Dover, Delaware
15. Orlando, Florida
16. beach in Florida
17. England
18. France
19. Austria
20. Italy
21. Korea
22. Oregon
23. Arizona- Grand Canyon
24. Texas
25. New Orleans, La
26. Denver, Colorado
27. Germany

Favorite Foods

1. chocolate
2. fruit
3. steak
4. milk
5. cookies
6. bread

Websites I visit daily
1. Beech Tree
2. Sundry Seven- Mike's fam
3. CNN
4. gmail
5. weather.com

Body Parts I have injured

1. herniated naval- surgery
2. broken arm
3. tail bone (it seems like all the time when I was a kid)
4. back, back, back- surgery
5. jaw- surgery
6. I think I have arthritis in my left hand pointer finger- it has been hurting off and on for a couple of months and right now it is killing.
7. I recently discovered that I hardly get any air through my right nostril
8. every place you injure when you have a baby

Awards I have won

1. Young Author's Award in third and fourth grade
2. Young Women's medallion
3. manager of the year or quarter or something at Brick Oven
I'm really not an over- achiever, let alone an achiever- oh, I lettered in music in High School, does that count?

Nicknames I have been called

1. Brookie
2. Brooker the hooker (by Adam and Meagan when they were too young to know what it meant and they didn't understand why it made me so mad)
3. Brooke Shields
4. B2- babbling Brooke
5. B3- babbling Brooke Bennett
6. Brookers
7. Bennett

Okay, I have to go feed my little one. I know you are jealous. I'm listening to three 11 year olds, wearing make-up, singing, and dancing to High School Musical soundtrack.
Can't wait to read everyone's answers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home