Sunday, October 28, 2007

Provo

I'm done with my state boards! that is, assuming i passed. we'll find out in about 3 weeks. i'm so glad it's over though! Friday night jason, his brother justin and i stayed at aunt paula's house. this was their only night to go see michelle at lagoon so i didn't even get to see her but at least joel was there. i needed blankets for justin and joel pointed me towards the garage to get them. so i noted the really fast lookin yellow car out there but didn't see a name or recognize a symbol. i went back upstairs and told the boys. i even tryed to draw the symbol so they could figure out what it was. turns out my drawing wasn't recognizable. i gave up and asked joel. it's a pantera. who knew? anyway this was the night before my big test so i turned in early since i had to be up at 5. i still didn't get much sleep because i dreamt that the next day would be my first day as a new vampire and i was worried that i would be "thirsty" and want to kill the other girls. can you tell i just finished eclipse? i also dreamt that part of the test was outside and if i tried to cut the hippo's hair i would get more points. i don't know if it was the carl's jr. or what but.... my test was 5 1/2 hours long. the very first thing we were tested on was a women's haircut. about 1/3 of the way into the cut i barely knick my finger. i have to stop the haircut, do the blood spill procedure, put on a bandaid and a latex glove, which i had to wear for the rest of the text!!! besides the fact that it made everything about 30% more difficult, it was giving me heat stroke. most people lose 70% of their body heat out of their head, apparently i lose mine out of my left hand. so everything else that i had to wear gloves for i either double bagged the hand or had to throw that glove into the biohazard bag which i had to dig out of the garbage every time and then get a new glove. it was fantastic! we also had to anti-bacterialize our hands before each task and everytime we touched the garbage or our kit. i had a combination of latex and anti-bacterial building up on my hands and rolling off in balls. not to mention that my manikins hair was black which was turning the build up to this dark grey color. so gross. our last task in this fiasco was a men's haircut. try cutting the hair to finger length when you have a glove on. by the time i got done i was sweeping up hair and glove clippings and the pointer finger and the middle finger on my glove was gone. i'm so glad it's over! and while all this is going on jason and justin are having a great time with bill, paula and the whole gang (which they loved by the way).
Ellynn

2 Comments:

At 6:58 AM , Blogger Darla said...

ellynn!! You're so funny I can't even stand it! Loved the blog. I can't believe how crazy it all was. Congrats! We need to come out soon and get our haircut! we love you.

 
At 9:28 AM , Blogger Mindi said...

Ellynn, I'm so glad that story is documented for your posterity :). Too funny. When I'm ready to chop my hair for locks of love I'll have to find my way to your salon. Then I want you to do my hair short, with a blond streak, just like my wedding photo. Well, probably not, I don't think I can break my "all natural" vow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home