Wednesday, December 05, 2007

ColoradoBennett

It's great to have you back on the blog, Meagy.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bag? used gift bag as often as possible

2. Real tree or artificial? artificial. My man got a killer deal on a real beauty two years ago.

3. When do you put up your tree? Right after Thanksgiving while watching a Christmas movie. This year we watched "It's A Wonderful Life" and I decided I hate that movie and never want to see it again. Why? You might ask. Well, it is dang depressing, he is awful to his wife, and the bad guy doesn't even get what's coming to him in the end. Although, Adam says there is a great Saturday Night Live skit with an alternate ending.

4. When do you take down your tree? The day after Christmas

5. Do you like eggnog? Nope

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Microscope

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Seven. Adam says we need one for every year that we've been married. I must say that our living room looks a little silly with seven nativitys stuffed on top of the tv and amour (I mean to spell the French word but can't figure it out, you know what I mean). I hope when we are married for 50 years we have a lot of shelves in our yurt to put 50 nativity scenes on.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My 12-year-old cousin, Jack.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Adam. He buys his own gifts.

10. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? I can't think of one. But my parents gave Brandon Smith a giant bag of peanuts, that was pretty bad.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Meags, I'm sure excited to see your first edition card, hooray for Patti.

12. Favorite Christmas movie? Elf

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Well, Adam starts pretty early. I've lost all shopping skills and/or desire since I married the perfect consumer.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? maybe

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? For as long as I can remember our family has had poppy seed bread every Christmas. The poorest of all family members gets to make the most and distribute them as gifts. For the last 15 years that meant me. But I am so sick of poppy seed bread I could barf. So this year I'm making biscotti and wassle (sp?) mix.

17. Favorite Christmas song? John Denver (I like to call him Jonny D) and the Muppets put out a really great Christmas album. I also think MoTab does a good job with those Hymns.

18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? As long as we are with the most family possible, it's good with me.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? I can sing the song.

20. Angel or Star on top of tree? As of now, we don't have anything on top of the tree. I guess we'll have to wait for the after-Christmas-sale to get one of those.

21. Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning? All but one on Christmas Eve, just like it should be.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Not enough snow.

23. What I love most about Christmas? That feeling that comes with being close to family. "It isn't what we have that makes us happy. It is what we feel." I don't know who said that, it was on a RS flier I got a few Sundays ago. It is my new favorite quote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home