Monday, March 31, 2008

Bavaria

http://www.issaquah.wednet.edu/news/?ID=280

I could have just done that incorrectly but if not it is a link to the news article announcing the Open House to be held at Issaquah High School before it is torn down. Megan sent me the news. Kind of funny, she then wrote that Kurt had asked why they were doing that after just building the new commons and that was my first thought as well. Megan then said she laughed and told Kurt the commons was now 17 years old. Where do the years go? I'm old, I really am. So old IHS is being torn down and a new school built in its place. Kind of weird, kind of sad. I know I probably have more fond memories of that place than my sibs since my brother was supposedly in some drug induced state throughout high school and my sister was a drop out :). Of course most of mine really are memories of what I did when I was supposed to be at school, so maybe memories of the parking lot as I left? Any who, thought I'd let you know.

Well we got some really good news today. The school has been able to hire a special aide for Ellyn for the rest of the school year. She is an early education teacher and a counselor and she will work one on one with Ellyn every day. She is only approved for this year so far and it is still very far from where we need to go as far as the hours and therapy Ellie needs BUT at least we won't be treading water while we are working on everything, we will be moving forward. Ellyn's pre-school teacher has put together a curriculum for Ellyn. We will meet the Wednesday after Spring Break to discuss everything. So... that does eliminate our attempt to go to Richmond for Spring Break because I can't risk not getting a hop and Ellyn not being in school. That's a bummer but we are going to go out once school gets out. I'm thrilled though that the school moved so quickly on getting someone for Ellyn, the principal was very aggressive with getting the interviews set up and right when they interviewed this girl she asked if she could start today (interviewed Friday). The principal also asked me to come speak tomorrow to a group of monitors for the schools in Europe. I guess she sent the letter last week but I haven't picked my mail up yet since we got home on Saturday. She wants me to share our experience and my views on what is needed over here. I hope it isn't a huge group and I hope it isn't too formal. I hope it will make a difference. I also hope that they will be able to put together a really good program for the coming school year so we don't have to move. We are just praying that those that are working on this will be inspired and will make the best decisions for Ellyn and that we will be inspired as well. We go forward in faith.

So Mike left yesterday morning and it makes us all really, really sad. It was so wonderful to have him home. It was so nice to have the help and the companionship during the day and then have a buddy to snuggle up with at night, to watch movies and play games with, to eat lots of yummy food with as well. He is so my best friend, he makes me laugh. The day before he left and the day he left I would find myself tearing up when I was by myself- making dinner, what have you. I would start to cry for myself and the next eight months and then I would cry for Patti. I just pray that is something I never have to face.

Our family loves Enchanted by the way (Surprised?) The girls go around the house singing the songs, biting their knuckles and crying out "Giselle!" and impersonating Pip impersonating the apple scene- Want an apple? No. It's good. Okay. - and "I'm handsome even when I sleep." It's too funny and cute.

We had beautiful weather today. My neighbor, Kayla, and I flipped back over my trampoline and hosed it off (mom and Kayla flipped it during our big windstorm when Kayla's tramp got blown two yards away). It's funny, we now have this really odd design in our grass. the edges are almost white and dead, the middle is this absolutely brilliant shade of green, except for the center where mom put my little picnic table upside down to help keep it anchored, right there it is dead too. It looks like we are sending signals to aliens.

Adam, I'm sorry about the Tillman-Dicks, they will be in our prayers as well. Well I was going to post some pics but my friend April called and then I wrote way too much and it is too late. I will post some later. I love you all.

love, Brooke

2 Comments:

At 3:47 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

Brooke, I saw some of you family pics on the Stinchfield blog. I'm so sorry Mike is gone again. That is great news about Ellyn's school. So is the plan another 8 months in Germany and then be stationed somewhere back in the states? What about Mexico? Could you be stationed in Mexico? (If you are confused ask Adam about his 4 phase plan).

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger Darla said...

We're pretty bummed, but this might work out for the best since Geof.'s gonna be gone, and I really need to do some training with my kid's behavior and my 8 month old's sleeping schedule. I'm really glad that something's moving forward with Ellyn though! Look at you too Brooke! How great that you get to stand up and speak about something you feel so strongly about. That's great. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home