Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bavaria

Hey Peeps,

I hope everyone is well. Ad, Geof, Min, and Darla that trip looked like so much fun. Those kids know how to groove. Well I need to be cleaning my kitchen but I am enjoying sitting here with Sawyer and Sadie and enjoying the breeze blowing in from our 55 degree day outside.

Jane has new beginnings tonight. Can you believe it? They are introducing her to the Young Women's program. She is so excited. She has been wanting to do the underneath part of her hair a dark red and she begged me to do it today so she was all dolled up for tonight. It is still wet right now so I will let you know how it turned out on a future blog. Okay- back from N.B. it is cute, I'm glad it isn't permanent. I love her natural hair color way too much.

Okay, for all moms, you have all heard about Canada banning baby products with BPA? It is in plastics and all can linings and many baby bottles and sippy cups and binkies have it too, Nalgene bottles included. It has been proven to cause neurological issues. The products won't be taken off the shelves in the U.S. until next year. So...there are a million sites to check to see if your baby stuff is BPA free. I would highly recommend it. Also, the only canned food company that does not use BPA is Eden Foods- that means all of your canned fruit, beans, tomatoes. I know that is something I will be thinking about as Sawyer starts into table foods. You can call me paranoid but there are reasons we have such an increase in Autism, food allergies, cancer, etc... and I think a great deal of that is caused by things being done to our food. Hey, just call me paranoid.

Jess, so sad to see Indie's little surgery day pics. I remember going in for an MRI with Ellyn. I went all by myself and I think it was the worst experience of my life thus far (except for the seizures). She had to fast and she was so hungry and they were late getting us in. Then afterward the sedation made her so cranky and disoriented. They told me it would be about 45 minutes and it was I think 3 hours. She was trying to rip the I.V. out of her arm. It was terrible.

On that happy note I will take my leave. Love you all.

1 Comments:

At 1:11 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

I don't think you are paranoid. I'll look up those websites right now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home