Thursday, September 03, 2009

9 Months!!

Finn has now been out of my belly as long as he was in it. (At least that's what we'll pretend) I cannot believe how the time has flown! He is such a big boy now. Crawling, standing, squeeling, pulling things off shelves, clapping, smiling, giggling and overall bringing joy and craziness to my life every day. Oh how i love this little man!

I thought that this would be an appropriate time to finally post Finn's birth story.
My pregnancy was a nightmare. I think mom cursed me by naming me after Grandma Ellen because she too was sick the whole 9 months. But he was so worth the wait, even the 11 extra days. Jason was wonderful through the whole thing. From the day i got sick he babied me and waited on me hand and foot. (Actually he has kinda done that since the day we started dating) He is the most patient and loving dad and husband. I REALLY picked a good one.
Finn was due November 22nd. I just wanted him here by Thanksgiving on the 27th. On the 28th we played volleyball for 3 1/2 hours. Nothing. December 2nd, 11 am we went in for a non-stress test. Miracle of miracles they decide to induce me! They told us we could go home and get our stuff and come back. It was already in the car. "wishful thinking" i told them. They checked me in right away. I was not the least bit dilated or effaced. Because of that they had to give Amezo tablets to get things rolling. 5ish pm mom and Meagan came to the hospital.
10 pm my contractions are 2-4 minutes apart and pretty intense. 12 or 1 am they give me some anti nausea stuff cuz i've thrown up 7 times and some Fentinol to help me sleep until i got my epidural. Here I am, finally kind of sleeping. Oh and that's Mom and Meagan totally zonked. At 3:15 am I got my epidural and slept peacefully the rest of the night while they cranked up the Pitocin. I think I even slept through them checking me. At 8:45 am my midwife came in to explain that i may have to have a C section because I was still only at a 2 and they are starting to worry about Finn. After the pep talk she checked me 1 more time. "Oh! Never mind! You're at an 8." Yay! By this time Dad was there too. (i don't remember when he got there) At 9:15 I ask if they can turn my epidural up because i'm getting pretty uncomfortable. "That's perfect" my midwife says "cuz it's time to push". Doesn't that mean we should definitely turn it up?! I guess not. Dad was the only person in the room who i hadn't planned on being there but what was i gonna do? Send him out in the hall to wait? Probably not. Plus i already had a male nurse and a guy from the NICU there so why make my dad leave? I pushed for an hour and a half. I was so exhausted and the oxygen mask was making my very angry. I DID NOT want it near my face but they don't give you that option. Dad and Jason i think traded off holding in near me and braving my wrath. Mom and Meagan were pushing against my legs and also braving my wrath (they were holding my legs differently. I just wanted them the same!). Finally, at 10:43 am, my long awaited baby boy was here! He had had a bowel movement so they had to hurry and suction him out so Jason didn't get to cut the cord. But he was healthy and beautiful and had all 10 fingers and toes!
Oh how i love him. As miserable as my pregnancy was, i knew immediately that i would do it again. And i will. But luckily i have an excuse to wait for a while since the maternity clothes will be in use in Washington....

So there it finally is. Sorry for the novel guys and i'm sorry that there isn't a single picture of Jason, Finn and I all together in the hospital! Lame.

8 Comments:

At 2:39 PM , Blogger Meags said...

wow el you are a saint i have only been sick for 5 weeks and i want to die! in fact i am going to speak to my doctor about having my tubes tied now!

 
At 2:39 PM , Blogger Darla said...

um..., the overalls?? Can I EAT him now?!

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger Brind+Julia said...

my baby... I miss him :(

 
At 12:50 PM , Blogger Cortney said...

He's so stinkin' cute!

 
At 12:50 PM , Blogger Cortney said...

He's so stinkin' cute! I loved the story you brave, brave girl.

 
At 2:12 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

Glad to finally hear the whole story. Way to go Elly!

 
At 2:27 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Sorry that last comment was from me but I am on mom's computer.

 
At 4:32 PM , Blogger Joan said...

So cute! Well worth it all. Easy for me to say.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home