Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Adam

I've always just said I love Adam just 'cause I love him. Like this POEM. This past week he kept doing these great things and I kept saying, "Geez I love this guy." I have a friend, Lauren, who was due on Oct. 3rd with her 3rd baby. Adam called me one day and asked if I thought he should go mow Lauren's lawn (her husband, Ryan, is an underwater welder and is gone for months at a time). She was so grateful. Last Saturday night we were at her house playing "Guitar Hero 5" and her water broke. We were with a few other friends and we all set into action cleaning and organizing her house so things would be in order when she got home from the hospital. Lauren's husband was out of state at the time and couldn't fly home until the next day. Lucky for them her labor went very slowly. The next day Adam volunteered to pick up Ryan from the airport. Before leaving I noticed Adam working on something in the kitchen. When I asked, he said he was putting together a sack dinner for Ryan because he knew he would need it. Ryan's plane arrived a half hour early and Adam rushed out to pick him up. Then he rushed him to the hospital and their baby boy, Titus, was born ten minutes later. Lauren had been waiting to push until Ryan got there. Lauren called me and kept expressing her heartfelt gratitude to Adam for his effort in making sure Ryan got to see his son born (and for all his other help). Isn't that sweet?! I think I'll go kiss him right now.

10 Comments:

At 7:27 AM , Blogger Chelsea Covington said...

He is the sweeetest! A sack lunch? I wouldn't have even thought.

 
At 9:06 AM , Blogger Darla said...

It WAS sweet!! That's awesome, Mindi..and Ad! Titus..., cool name! Btw, what did you pack up for his dinner, Ad? I always love to talk about food..

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger Mike said...

yeah, Adam is a great man, no doubt

 
At 9:59 AM , Blogger Cortney said...

That is pretty sweet. A sack lunch, that's funny. I would think about something like that also. I always needs to eat every few hours. Adam is the sweetest. Kiss him lots more!

 
At 11:24 AM , Blogger Jacki said...

He is the best!!!

 
At 1:17 PM , Blogger Ellynn said...

Adam you are my hero. i was tearing up a bit. but i also bawl during extreme make over home addition!

 
At 1:24 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Mindi, what an adorable post for such an adorable husband. You two are perfect for each other!

 
At 2:16 PM , Blogger Darla said...

I think in life we have many friends but few heroes. Luckily I have both in my older brother. I'll extend that to all my siblings and wife so that they know as well.
(geof. not darla)

 
At 6:18 AM , Blogger Joan said...

Adam, you're the best! And Mindi, what a great wife to appreciate and recognize it.

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger Meags said...

i can not even say how many wonderful things adam has done for us over the years! like flying out to be here for jack's baptism. taking most of my gear out of my pack and carrying it for me so that i could carry the baby in the front pack on out hike, then taking the baby as well. and so many other things that i'm sure if i said he would be embarrassed. i love you adam you are many people's heroes!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home