Sunday, September 13, 2009

September 14th! Happy Birthday Cortney!

Can you believe it, Cortney is 22 years old! This was taken last night. We had everyone over for her pre-birthday dinner. We had dinner then played pictionary. She is a big on games so we had all of the words be about her and what she likes to do. Some of them were: yard work, cooking, yoga, Rodger, teacher, yellow corner (this was a store that she was going to own when she grew up), Winnie the Pooh, cash register, (she bought a real one when she was like 12), socks, stretchy pants. The list could go on and on.
Cort, I hope you have a great birthday. I've told this story a million times but when I got pregnant with you, I was nervous about having my second child. I thought, how could I love another child as much as I loved Chelsea! Well as we all know, it is very possible. Cortney, I would have to say was my most unique child. She was very particular with things when she was little and wanted things HER way. She is still this way today, but instead of demanding it (like she use to) she just works hard to make it happen. She is a very hard worker and loves being a wife and homemaker. (Sorry for saying homemaker Cort, but there was no other word to describe it!) She loves to plan and cook meals. She also loves to entertain. She is very thoughtful about everyone. She and Rodger will help or do anything for anyone. I hear that she does a fantastic job for not only her Dad at his office but other agents. She is a great sister and the most wonderful daughter anyone could ever have. A cute story about her, that happend lately, she was driving to work the other day and some guy kept driving up beside her and smiling at her and kept bugging her on her way into work. She said she finally just held up her left hand to show that she was all ready taken! We are all so lucky and blessed that we have her in our family! Love you Cort!
Our family dinner!
I had a bunch of other pictures that I thought were suppose to be on this but I don't know where they went to and because I had to call Cort to ask her how to even do this, I don't want to bother her again. I'll post them hopefully tomorrow.
P.S. Landon will be getting his call this Wednesay. We're pretty excited!


7 Comments:

At 8:15 AM , Blogger Brooke said...

Cortney- Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day. Joanie, I love you telling us about each of your girls. It's really fun to read. Good luck on the mission call!

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

Happy Birthday Cort! You are so beautiful. i love the story of you having to show your ring. that's hilarious!

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger Chelsea Covington said...

Happy Birthday Buttons!

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

Happy birthday from all of us ColoradoBennetts!

 
At 7:35 PM , Blogger Meags said...

happy birthday courtney! you are so beautiful!!!! i love your mom naming all of your favorite things like...socks, so funny. my little benny is so much like you it cracks me up!

 
At 9:01 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Cort! Joan that was a great post!

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger Darla said...

Happy Day to you, Cortney. Joan, you're such a sweet mama! And I love that you're all so close!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home