Thursday, September 03, 2009

bglife

the silly story………

i ran the first leg in hood to coast this year which is about 6 mile of extreme down hill.  so thankfully gravity was on my side because the baby is already doing it’s best to slow me down.  anyway adina, brooke’s sister-in-law wrote “baby on board” down my leg (so i would have an excuse for being so slow).  we started the race friday afternoon and on saturday afternoon i am waiting for dave (brooke’s brother-in-law) to finish his final leg (12 team members, each member runs 3 legs) and this guy comes up to me and reads my leg.  then he tells me that i crushed one of his team mates.  it seems that his team mate was cruising down the mountain when i passed him.  when he got to the bottom he told his team he had just been smoked by a pregnant chick.  so the guy asked me how fast i had run that leg-- he was like wow your pretty quick.  (well not for long!) 

so that is my story, kind of silly, but it made my weekend!

4 Comments:

At 2:39 PM , Blogger Darla said...

I saw the pics on the Stinchfield's blog. I was wondering what was written down your leg. Good for you, Meags!! You're awesome. Congrats on number 5! can't even believe that..

 
At 5:06 PM , Blogger Ellynn said...

not silly. AWESOME more like!!! i want to be just like you when i grow up!

 
At 8:51 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

me too Ellie! I thought it was awesome and Mike bragged about it to all of his friends!

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

Go girl! I love that story. You looked rockin' at the H2C, I too saw the pictures on the Stinchfield blog...so awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home