Friday, October 09, 2009

Jackson, grab the cootie spray

It's a little known fact that my girls love Jackson. His name is spoken here at least a few times a week. Anyway we're driving tonight and, for some reason, Maddie starts asking about bears.
"Are there bears in our world?"
After we establish that there really aren't a lot of them around here, I said (just off the top of my head) that there are more in places like Alaska and Washington.
"WASHINGTON?!!" she gasped, genuinely terrified. "They could kill Jackson!"
I started laughing but she failed to see the humor in it - "Do you know that?!" she said angrily. So then I had to act concerned too and explain that he would be safe in his house. Anyway, it didn't end there and she had to yammer on about bears tearing through houses and the like. Overall though it was pretty stinkin funny.
Anywho, Brooke and Mike, fantastic job on the race. I wish I could say that I had done one and stop having it hanging over my head (thank you Meagan). Just kidding Meags. It's through no fault of your own. I just want to be as good as you at everything. Same with Jess. Thanks a lot Tessi - I can't wait to have my next baby naturally.
Ok, that's it. Later

8 Comments:

At 11:37 AM , Blogger Jessica said...

That is hilarious! I wonder where she gets her fear of bears from?!?

Leash, we will run a marathon together to check that off our list and I will be your doula for your next baby.

 
At 11:44 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

Leash, i fully support your non-marathon running and your pain-free childbirthing. i plan to stay a member of both of those clubs. i am a wimp and have fully embraced that fact.

 
At 6:12 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

Jackson is a hottie. It''s a fact, the only way to save him will be the protective females of the family!

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger LeAnne said...

honestly I try to be modest but we do have the most beautiful kids in the world just look at this blog. they are all amazingly cute.
marathons really are not that fun to do. they are a brag factor if you can work it into the conversation, casually mentioning "you have RUN one." See, I like it best in the past tense. So much better than, "I have to run a marathon," or worse yet "I am running a marathon!"

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger LeAnne said...

honestly I try to be modest but we do have the most beautiful kids in the world just look at this blog. they are all amazingly cute.
marathons really are not that fun to do. they are a brag factor if you can work it into the conversation, casually mentioning "you have RUN one." See, I like it best in the past tense. So much better than, "I have to run a marathon," or worse yet "I am running a marathon!"

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger Darla said...

I didn't realize those girls knew Jackson so well. We all love you, Jack (and Bennett, Hazel, Wil)! Stay safe up in the NW! (; As for marathons, I would't know. I absolutely LOVED my half (surprising myself, actually) and wonder is a full would be that fun...probably not. If I was as determined and disciplined as Mindi, MAYBE I could pull of a calm, almost spiritual, natural childbirth. Instead of just have June's TERRIBLE drug free childbirth to um...brag about?

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger Darla said...

a few wrong word errors in that last comment...hope it's readable. (;

 
At 10:42 AM , Blogger Meags said...

he is very cute i have one friend who says its a good thing he is not a few years older or i wouldn't be able to let her around the house. the best thing about jack is that he is even cuter on the inside than on the out! and leash i never even wanted to run a marathon until you said something about doing one....because i want to be just like you when i grow up!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home