Thursday, September 24, 2009






























Yesterday, while doing Cole's hair for school (this isn't regular-just once in a while when his hair completely out of control bed head) I could tell he was thinking about something, and then he said, "mom, I miss my cousins in WA. When are we going to see them again?" I dunno, Cole. ):

And then later that morning in the car, Dayne tells me, "Mom, I miss Grandma and Pa." And then after a short,quiet moment (Dayne's not quiet for long) she says, "And Hazel misses me, mom. She does!"
"Oh, Dayners..I'm sure she does!"


Dayne's slowly been figuring out this whole 'Cole's in school and I'm not' thing. She still tells me more than once a day that she doesn't have any friends and needs someone to play with (is June not good enough?!). I become that playmate all too often. Today I got Cole's beloved magnet rocks out and told her she could play with them at the table while I did my never ending job of cleaning the kitchen. I didn't take Dayne long to figure out that the magnet rocks become wonderful earings, a crown, and the perfect necklace for a princess. She walked around the kitchen with her hands clasped together in a saint like fashion saying, "I look wonderful, I AM wonderful", followed with, "Do I look beautiful, Mom?", and "I am beautiful, mom". And she was so polite!! "May I please have my crown back, mom?" (after insisting I wear it). And, "Oh, thank you so much for my crown." We should play princess more. (; After the exchanging of the crown, I became "the prince" and we turned music on and danced. And our 'date' will be later this evening. Dayne just watched 'Princess Diaries' for the first time. Can you tell?
We are hiding our VHS's (yes, we still own them) for some time in Cole's room since we don't have a bookcase at the moment and they're stacked up against the wall in the family room. June strolls in there at least a million times a day and grabs a movie at the bottom of the stack, causing ALL the other movies to fall to the ground in a scattered mess, and then brings the said movie to me, and with her extremely high voice (no, she didn't take after Dayne) demands that I put it in. Once in a while I do, but many times I do not since I don't think watching 10 movies a day is the best thing for her. I say this because I've noticed the more movies she watches, the grumpier she becomes when she has to do something BESIDES watch a movie. Of course, Geof. thinks I'm crazy and should just stick her in front of the t.v. whenever she wants, but I think he might be coming around to my way of thinking. Not one of our kids throws fits like June (I KNOW!! That's hard to believe, right?!). They last a good 30 minutes sometimes! Geof. took her to one of his appointments today (an empty house, don't worry) and said he had to drive with one knee (yes, I'm admitting this) so he could plug his ears. It's THAT piercing, I tell ya! Wait, most of the WA Bennetts already know..
So, that's a recap of what's up, right? We miss you all!!

1 Comments:

At 6:14 AM , Blogger Joan said...

Darla, I love hearing about your kids. It reminds me when I was little and had no friends. Paula took me door to door in our neighborhood trying to find me some friends!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home