Sunday, November 29, 2009

All in one




Happy late birthday Mike. And Happy early birthday to you, Meagan. These images both fit you perfectly (other than the cigar, Mike). (;
Wish we were in beautiful CA to celebrate. Geof. is flying back to us tomorrow morning and I can't wait (either can the kids, let me just tell you!). Geof. has been all mushy over the phone and I'm sure just thinks the world of us being so far away. Isn't it funny how the heart really DOES grow fonder from a distance? I, on the other hand, do miss Geof., but am mostly missing having another adult around here to balance things out. 4 days with out him! How'd I EVER do it when he was flying?!
The kids, however crazy they have driven me this past weekend, are as funny and cute as ever. I have to remind myself of that at least 100 times a day. Cole has a thing with numbers. He's always calling up to me in the van (yes, we bought a Toyota Sienna), "Mom, 8+5 is 13, 8+6 is 14...", and so on. He's also showing more interest in reading, and while driving I can hear him in the back seat reading the signs as we drive. It's so fun to see him actually figuring the whole reading thing out and feeling more confident. We do flashcards every night and I just started reading "Mrs. Piggle Wiggle" to him and he LOVES it. I think he mostly loves the undivided attention of mom. (;
Dayne..., oh Dayne. I'm the primary pianist in the ward, so fortunately for me (or not so fortunate?) I get to watch and observe everything this funny girl does during Primary. She's still in her own world, completely!! As much as she loves to sing, she's not singing in Primary! Like me, she notices everything about people. She's always commenting on hairdo's, clothing, the way people talk, or walk. I almost strangled her the other day when we were walking into a Walmart and a midget, who was quite overweight walked past us. Dayne yells out to me, "Mom.., why is that fa..." to which I promptly covered her mouth and pushed her forward. As soon as I saw the lady I knew she'd say something. Oh...
Dayne loves music, especially the pop stuff that all the teenagers are listening to. Dang it. As soon as she sees the station in the car, she stops me and yells out, "I love it!!" and then dances or flicks her hair all the way to our destination. I'm really in for it, I know.
Junie! What a terrible two! She's talking a ton more and can go from a complete psycho to the sweetest thing in the world. I can't keep her clothes on, and she loves her "Once upon a Dream" song. Just today in Sac. Mtg., she was looking at her new Disney Princess folder that I got her, and kept pointing out, "Indaweya" (Cinderella) over and over again! And soon after, I couldn't get her to stop singing her beloved Sleeping Beauty song. We don't sit through Sac. Mtg. much, anymore.
Alright. Gotta run. Bored you all, I'm sure. Happy late Thanksgiving! Ours was good. Ate with some new friends in the ward who had a house just like the Pennyslvania house in "Marley and Me". I couldn't stop drooling..

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM , Blogger Mike said...

thanks Darla, now I may need to pick up a stogie!

 
At 8:03 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Good to hear your family is doing well. I had a great time seeing Geoffie!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home