Sunday, September 26, 2010

Provo

We’ve had a pretty eventful couple of weeks here in little P-town! First let me start with a little story from Sunday school. We teach the 5-6 year olds. So it went like this. Me: “i’m going to ask you a question and you tell me if it’s a wise choice or a foolish choice. Drew, say your prayers?”                                        Drew: “wise”                                                                                            Me: “Kaleb, say a bad word?”                                                                                 Kaleb: “oh shit”                                                                                                                         I know i shouldn’t laugh but what can you do? i’m just waiting to get a call from his parents asking me to explain why i asked Kaleb to swear in class. I’ll just turn that around and act totally appalled that he would even know that word.

IMG_0445 I refinished my table! i’ve been wanting to do this forever and i finally got around to it. Yay! it was just a light pine on top and the legs were green with some striping on some parts. Mom thinks it was way cooler before but i ignore her. i didn’t really intend for it to have the distressed look but i’m not the most even sander so i guess it’s a good thing that’s in right now eh?

IMG_0447 IMG_0448 IMG_0452

 

Adam and T came to visit!! this picture of Adam he took himself. We went to a funeral for a girl we knew back in Issaquah, went to In-n-Out, took a beautiful drive up the canyon, hung out with Ryan and Jackie Beecher and watched a lot of “Better Off Ted”. It was a great weekend!! the boys had a great time playing and watching Hercules together.

Yesterday was my Dirty Dash in Midway. It was so much FUN! My good friend Cassie Smith (many of you may remember her) came up from Arizona to run it with me. I was totally nervous before the race, however if i had had any idea how hard it was gonna be i would have been way more nervous! It was the longest 6 miles of my LIFE! The obstacles weren’t even the hard part. that was fun. it was the freaking hills and marsh that killed me. But i would do it again tomorrow. So awesome!

 IMG_0467 IMG_0465   IMG_0460

Here’s most of the team before. the second picture is about half way through. we had to climb over 3 walls. i slipped right onto my booty jumping off the second one, hence the butt shot. And here we are at the end. Oh so filthy! Our shoes weighed like 20lbs by the time we finished. we ran through so much mud! The only thing that would have made the whole experience better is if it had been a 5K instead of a 10K haha! If any of you are interested of learning more about it so you can run it next year go to dirtydash.com. DO IT! IMG_0461

7 Comments:

At 9:32 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

Ellie, that is freaking hilarious! I also love your run pics and table. Mike wouldn't let me text you back because I was driving and you know how Mike feels about my driving:-( Way to go sis!

 
At 10:35 AM , Blogger Chelsea Covington said...

I am so not a runner, but maybe I should be. I'm just looking below at the word verification for me to post my comment and it is: fatti. Maybe that is a sign...

Those pictures are funny. Also, love the diy project! It is so fun to turn something into a little treasure. You love it that much more afterwards. We have something like that in every room of our house, at least.

 
At 12:47 PM , Blogger Ellynn said...

Chels that is so dang funny about the word avrification thing! I laughed right out loud. It is not a sign but I really do love running. Some days I want to shoot myself but it makes me feel so good!

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Darla said...

Chels,
that is hilarious. Ellynn, thank you for posting! I love it when you post. So glad you did this race. I'm in for next year (I wish!). And Sister Dotey (sp?) did it with you! How fun! Btw, PLEASE watch what you teach your Primary kids... (;

 
At 9:01 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

The dirty dash sounds cool, but you should check out the warrior dash--you get a helmet with horns!! What swag was at your race? Sounds like a blast, though. When is your half? Oh, I love to run/race. I wish I was as strong as you pure blood Bennett girls so that I didn't get so many lame injuries.

 
At 9:57 PM , Blogger Brind+Julia said...

I seriously have no words. That primary story has me in tears! Awesome.

 
At 10:05 PM , Blogger Joan said...

I love your table/race/primary story. Obviously it was pretty good for Chels to EVEN consider to be a runner! Wow!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home