Sunday, September 12, 2010

Provo


Sometimes i get out of the habit of checking the blog because it makes me sad when there is nothing new, so i'm grateful for the new blogs.

Jules i love you so much! I'm sorry you are going through so much right now. i think of how miserable i was when i was pregnant with Finn. Sick, depressed, lonely, and yes, even a little angry. The thought of you going through all of that with no family around and a baby to take care of makes me want to cry. But i know you can make it! you are a strong girl and we are all pulling for you.

But i'm not just writing to Jules i'm also going to write about our trip to see WICKED!!! Oh it was so wonderful! 36 hours of just plain bliss!

Jason's parents had some flight vouchers that they gave to us and offered to take Finn so we could fly to San Francisco for the weekend. We got there Friday morning and spent the day down on Fisherman's Wharf and pier 39.

We had so much fun and it was so relaxing! No one to worry about but ourselves. No diapers to change, no making sure Finn was fed and happy and not running away! Don't get me wrong, i love the little monster with all my heart and i am obsessed with how adorable he is but sometimes a break with the hubby is oh so wonderful! We went out to eat, bought some sour dough bread, walked the pier and did a lot of people watching. Next time you are in San Francisco please notice how people dress. If you were to try to guess the weather by people's attire, you would have no freaking idea! Some people where in  sweaters and scarves and boots, while others were wearing daisy dukes and tank tops. And it's not like there were just a few crazies wearing one extreme or the other, it was a pretty even mix. Funny.

IMG_0415

After a few hours of that we started heading over toward the theater on the way to which i spotted an H&M add!! Oh glorious H&M! How i have missed it! I had Jason find out where it was and we headed over there quick before the play. IMG_0417 I got the cutest pair of jeans EVER for Finn but they are a little big :(

Then it was off to the play!! I have wanted to see Wicked forever! I am obsessed with the music and although Meagan tried not to tell me the whole story, I just kept asking questions until eventually she did :) It was everything i hoped it would be and more! I loved it so much! Jason said i was pretty much squeezing his hand off the whole time. it’s true. i even started crying during “Defying Gravity”. Having done some musical theater in high school and having the love of performing that i do, i just was imagining what it would be like to be on that stage and part of such an amazing performance and getting to sing that music! OH! i’m tearing up just thinking about it! Anyway we both loved the play immensely!

Unfortunately this is the only picture we have at the Orphium because Jason doesn’t trust people so we had to take it ourselves. Oh well.

The next day Jason showed me the houses he grew up in and the schools and churches he went to. Then we headed out to Mission San Jose.

IMG_1801

I’ve never been to a mission. It was pretty cool. Then alas our time came all too quickly to an end.

IMG_1804

However we were very anxious to get back to our little man. I mean, who wouldn’t be? Look how cute that kid is!! He’s even trying to clip his own toe nails :) And he loves America. What more could you ask for?

 IMG_0402 IMG_0429IMG_0424

4 Comments:

At 7:58 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Oh my goodness Elly...that sounds magical. What a treat for you! I'm so glad you got to see Wicked and one day when you are in it I will come and watch you and it will amazing!!! Great pictures. I love the shirt you are wearing, it's super sassy. I also love the picture of Finn by the flags.

 
At 8:04 PM , Blogger Joan said...

I'm with you, I like new posts all the time. Your trip sounded like so much fun. Yes love the flag picture and of course the pictures of you guys. Love you!

 
At 11:43 PM , Blogger Brind+Julia said...

Thanks Boo, I seriously love you too. In a creepy, "Let's all buy a house together so we can be together everyday!" sort of way... :) Is that weird?

I knew you were going to see Wicked... I DIDN'T know it was in San Fransisco!!! AWESOME! Every moment sounded absolutely heavenly. I'm so glad you guys had a blast on your mommy-daddy trip!

 
At 4:53 AM , Blogger Darla said...

..."and he loves America, what more could you ask for?". Oh, you're so funny, Elly. Love this post. LOVE San Fran. That place will always have a place in my heart. No matter how many times I go there. I LOVE it!! And Wicked is awesome, too. I HAVE to go with Geof. and sit closer next time, tho, since I was too far away to see anything last time. ):

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home