Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas "Card"

Laziest Christmas Card ever:-)

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Updates:

Me: I have about 7 more months until I finish grad school here in Monterey, CA. It has been a great experience for us living in this beautiful area. Other than finishing my thesis, my other big personal goal for the year is the Big Sur Marathon in May. My next stop is Fort Leavenworth, Kansas for a year of military related studies. After that? Who knows.

Brooke: Remains the same amazing woman I met 18 years ago. She spends a lot of her time caring for Ellyn but somehow manages to take care of all of us as well. She has made tremendous progress in running recently and has the Newport marathon in her sights next year.

Jane: We are so impressed with her grades and performance with her flute. Despite no personal lessons, Jane was able to get second chair in the regional honor band...amazing persistence. She has also started her own exercise regimen and is making some amazing progress. We are very proud of her. Next year she starts High School, kind of (unfortunately it looks like a 7-8-9 Junior High in Kansas).

Sadie: An amazing child. She is such a good sister, especially as playmate to her little brother. Sadie has an unlimited imagination and it is rare to catch her without a big, thick book in her hand. Her 3rd grade teacher had to retire early this year because of family health issues, but she is excited for the second half of the year.

Ellyn: She has made so much progress this year. She turns 7 on Valentine's Day. Her therapists and assistants have added so much to her abilities. Although she is still not talking (coherently), her interaction with others has increased 10-fold. She occasionally will get a phrase out like "C'mon Let's Go" or "Vamonos" ...your guess where she gets that from:-)

Sawyer: Our boy. 3 years old and obsessed with superheroes, trucks, and cars. He has had a run of bad luck with getting sick the last few months but is doing fine now. We love the kid. He is loving to everyone, always says thank you, complements others regularly "I like your shirt", and is just a joy to have around.

We hope you all have a great holiday. God bless you and your families. Thanks for your effect on our lives. Let us never forget those in the military and others who are away from their families this season looking only to do their duty and serve their fellow human beings.

4 Comments:

At 12:19 PM , Blogger Joan said...

I love your lazy Christmas Card. I think everyone who posts, or should I say read the blog, should write something about their families. I will soon. Just waiting for my "New Year's" family picture. I can't believe how fast your family is growing up! Merry Christmas!

 
At 2:40 PM , Blogger Paula said...

Thanks for the card! I appreciate the update. It just doesn't seem that long ago that you and Brooke were at my old house in Ogden taking engagement pictures.

Love you guys to much!
Paula

 
At 10:48 AM , Blogger Jacki said...

I love you Christmas Card also. That is the only one that I will get out this year (that is if I get it written soon!) Everything there sounds great and you guys do so very well on this adventure of life! Love you all!

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

Love the online christmas card idea! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Miss you guys!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home