Wednesday, February 23, 2011

KS Bennett Update



Okay, first of all, let me just say I am SO happy with the recent posts and pictures. I love seeing what everyone is up to. I miss you all too much!

Meags - your Valentine's Day looked amazing and sounded delicious. I like the idea of it being about love and not so much romance.

Yesterday was a special day! Happy birthday to my absolute favorite Colorado bro in law. Bowling looked so fun and your red goatee makes you look like Brind. Well, I guess it's the other way around huh? It was also my dear sweet mother's birthday. I missed her painfully.

And happy anniversary to Geof & Darla and Jessica & Tony! I hope you got to enjoy the day.

Well, we're doing awesome. After Brinders and I had nasty colds and Violet had a double ear infection (her first one ever!) and a funky respiratory thing that made her all wheezy so she had a sad little breathing mask and inhaler... we're all better! It's so true that you can't fully appreciate health without sickness. I'm guessing Violet got sick from nursery (seeing as she is just with me every other moment) but she loves her class and her teachers SO much! She has so much fun playing with the other kids and calls everyone "baby" even though they are all a head taller than our little peanut.

We got to have one last dinner with Aunt Dorthy and Uncle Glen before they go back home. She made Violet and baby Brind little pillows and a blankie for Brind too. (See above picture.) Oh, I love them. They are sweet, kind, generous, thoughtful... I can't speak highly enough of them. AWESOME! I so loved having real family near by. They were the closet thing Violet had to grandparents (logistically!) out here and the 3 of them were best buddies. I'm very sad to see them go. :(

We're all looking forward to little Brind coming in SEVEN weeks! YAY! A new tiny member of the family... it will be springtime... my family is coming to help out... and if I haven't delivered by the 12th my doctor said we can induce. Ah, a light at the end of the tunnel (no pun intended). My actual due date is the 13th, but my doctor said "Is your family superstitious? We can do it the day before so his birthday will never land on a Friday the 13th." Um, yes please! Hehehe. I can't wait to see him.

That's all folks! We love you! Please come visit... and we'll keep you posted on baby!


6 Comments:

At 7:45 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

So cute!!! Miss you too!! Love you

 
At 8:49 PM , Blogger Meags said...

Julia that was a sweet blog! I'm so glad you have gotten to know aunt dorthy and uncle Glenn, what a wonderful opportunity. Oh I can't believe little brinders will be here so soon! I can't wait! I wish I could be there like I was for violet and you were for Harris. That is a sweet memory I will always cherish!!

 
At 8:32 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

I didn't know you guys got to play with Dorthy and Glen! That's so fun. I love them. We miss you so much! Thanks for the post! Love you!

 
At 12:42 PM , Blogger Darla said...

So sweet, Julia! Glad you're feeling better. That Violet of yours, I just love her!!

 
At 9:43 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

Oh, the little piggie sleepers! I should take more pics of sleeping children, so quiet & peaceful. Only 7 weeks!! How exciting. Good luck, go for lots of walks to build up strength--if you are able.

 
At 7:14 AM , Blogger Brooke said...

My girls are anxious to fill that missing "family gap." They can't believe they get to live so close to Violet and a brand new baby! I don't think we can beat Aunt Dorothy and Uncle Glen though.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home