Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bglife A LOVELY Valentines

Cory and I decided a long time ago that Valentines day would be about LOVE and not romance. The "LOVE" started on Saturday when I made over a hundred sugar cookies with the help of my LOVELY girls......




Valentines morning started just the way I LOVE - at the gym by 5:45 to lift weights then run so hard I wanted to puke- (LOVE). On the way home I call our LOVELY birthday girl, Ellyn, who I LOVE so much! At home I was greeted by the LOVE of my life holding two bags of my most LOVED chocolates.
Now the rush is on to get four of my LOVING children out the door on time for school- (don't LOVE).
After dropping four kids and three bags of Valentine cookies off at school we (me, the LOVE of my life, and the littlest LOVE) head to the much LOVED lewisville park. (If you have been there you will agree!). We meet our LOVELY friends the Billingsly's so the boys can run and the girls can walk. The girls use to run too, but eight years after their last little LOVE was born they LOVED Harris so much they thought they should have another little LOVE for themselves (coming in June!).
Then it was a rush home, quick shower and change for littlest LOVE and me so that we can be in Hazel's first school Valentine's day party, which she LOVED! Home again for lunch, stories, and a quick snuggle before Hazel's nap, another change (Harris wet all over both of us) and Harris and I rushed off to two more Valentine parties of my fourth and second grade LOVES and an awards assembly. Yes my oldest LOVE is on Honor Roll again and always!- (LOVE LOVE LOVE how hard he works.) All the kids LOVE when I bring Harris into class. We set him in the chair next them and use his coat to tie him safely into the chair. He LOVES being a big kid and all the big kids LOVE seeing someone so little sitting up to the desk. In the middle school he is just passed from one girl to the next who are all in LOVE with Him and Jackson.
Cory and I LOVE cooking together and we had planned a meal we knew our LOVELIES would LOVE. So we sent them upstairs to play while we set to work. However they were not feeling the LOVE. Too much arguing and neglecting and the littlest LOVE fell (rolled) down the stairs. (I know, I know mom has been telling me for a month now to get a gate). But for the LOVE you would think four kids watching one baby in one room.... Oh well lesson learned. He was totally fine and done crying before we were done yelling.
Finally dinner was served on a table set with my LOVELY china, strewn with candy we all LOVE and candle light (not for romance but for LOVE). We ate gnocchi with homemade fontina cheese sauce (which always reminds me of being in Venice - LOVE!), broiled asparagus, spinach salad with orange cinnamon glazed pear and candied pecans, soft homemade breadsticks, and raspberry Italian sodas. LOVE, LOVE, and LOVE! We didn't even get to dessert, eclair cake, because we were so stuffed. So we are just spreading the LOVE to tonight. While we ate we watched our Valentine slideshow that Cory LOVINGLY put together for us.
The kids showed their LOVE for us by helping clean up, then scriptures, prayers, and bed for all our little LOVES. Then snuggles with the LOVE of my life while we watched Castle - LOVE it!



(Harris did not LOVE posing for our Valentines picture.)

The End

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone



4 Comments:

At 11:41 AM , Blogger Mindi said...

I LOVE it, Meags!! You guys are so fun, creative, and LOVING! wow

 
At 1:06 PM , Blogger Darla said...

Oh wow. This is SO great!!! I LOVED the "for the LOVE" part. Hilarious! I always think of you guys on Valentines Day and your fun family "love" video tradition. What a yummy, YUMMY dinner!!!

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger Joan said...

I like the dinner menu myself. What fun to do. Great memories for your family!

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

Joan is right, great memories for your family!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home