Sunday, May 22, 2011

Geof. Entertains My Laurel Class

I hate same-o, same-o lessons when I teach. I am always trying to think of a hook, something that they will think back to during the week, not just forget as they go out the door. This week was easy! The lesson was on missionary work.
I used Elder Bednar's talk, "Becoming a Missionary," Oct. 2005 General Conference. He says, "the single most important thing you can do to prepare for a call to serve is to BECOME a missionary long before you go on a mission.....It is possible for a young man to GO on a mission and not BECOME a missionary."
In Oct. we will have housed the missionaries for 4 years. It has been so much fun to have them in our home. We have had both Sisters and Elders. Which has been interesting! We currently have a missionary serving a "foreign speaking" mission. He is from El Salvador and has only spoken English for 4 months. We have seen the gift of tongues for sure.
Oh, how I wish you could all see the video Geof. and his companion, Elder Wilden made! What was the most fun was watching my Laurels. They were laughing so hard! I made them work, not just watch. They had to tell me all the things they were learning about becoming a good missionary! The video goes through their day from alarm to multiple door approaches. It ends with my sweet little 19 year old Geof. bearing his testimony.
His big brother Adam trained him well on Geof.'s mini mission to Detroit. Brind and Ellynn followed in their footsteps and I can hardly wait to go! My problem will be I never get to be the senior companion.....always "the backer!" Oh Well,
Love You All, Le Anne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home