Monday, June 18, 2012

I AM THE ONLY ONE THAT FORGOT ELLERY'S BIRTHDAY

I absolutely loved my time in VA. Darla gave me the best compliment ever! She said Geof. told her she was suffering from Post Mother-in-law Leaving Blues. She said most women can hardly wait for their mother in laws to leave, but she misses me! How sweet is that? The smartest thing our kids have ever done is choose the spouses they have.  They are all wonderful!

After 14 hrs in transit I arrived home and climbed into bed about 1:30am  PST......that's 4:30am EST. I was up and on the road to Lacey the next morning to see Sadie perform in her school talent show and to take her out for ice cream. She performed beautifully!!! I was so focused on getting out the door I forgot all about Ellery's birthday until one of our missionaries gave him a big hug and said, "Happy Birthday Brother Bennett!" Nuts! I was busted! Both Elders had bought him a tie and had them all wrapped and sitting on the hood of the car when he went out the door for work.

He texts me a picture of his entire team from work. They have thrown him a surprise BD party for their "stand up" meeting that morning....cake, cards, balloons etc. The picture's caption reads, "My team didn't forget my Birthday!" OUCH!!!

Being thoughtful has never been my strong suit. I told him he could go get that $79.00 golf pass at Costco if he really wanted to....what more could he ask? I always like it when he tells me that I can go do something I really want to. I thought I was being nice since I knew he was going to do it anyway!

To continue...

HE and some of his staff had been invited down to the home office for a chili cook off. Werner, the CEO of Touchmark ( Ellery's Company) stands up and announces it is Ellery's BD and preceeds to lead everyone in a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday Dear Ellery....!!!! Does it get better than this?

Yes it does....the Chief Financial Officer of the company comes up to him later and says, "It is a great day to be Ellery Bennett!" He related a conversation he had with one of the other VP's where they discussed the fact that Ellery's building is 100% full and has been for a while and every segment of operations is beating plan and making money for the company. These guys love him. He has maxed out his bonus plan every quarter since he has been hired. And to think he got this job off Craig's List when he was 61 year old "has been!" Pretty impressive!

 It is a great to be Ellery Bennett. He is a blessed man! He is loved and adored by all his children and grandchildren. I even like him! He is so fun to be around..... before 9:30 pm and when he is not on a liquid diet......even then I love him!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EL! OH YEAH.... AND HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!

3 Comments:

At 7:46 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

It IS great to be Ellery Bennett! We love you so much daddy!! So proud of EVERYTHING you have accomplished over the last few years. You're amazing :) Great post mama. Love you both!!

 
At 7:46 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

It IS great to be Ellery Bennett! We love you so much daddy!! So proud of EVERYTHING you have accomplished over the last few years. You're amazing :) Great post mama. Love you both!!

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger Darla said...

You're not the only one. We are THE WORST kids..EVER.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home