Thursday, May 31, 2012

BolderBoulder

Someday when we all travel around doing races together, I hope we can put the BolderBoulder at the top of the list. So. Much. Fun.
My parents & siblings ran (along with a little friend of theirs) and I volunteered. I had heard that if you volunteered that your registration for the next year was free. Turns out that is just for the first 10 volunteers to sign up, or something like that. But I did get a t-shirt and a pair of saucony running shoes. I worked guarding the race course from cars at mile 6, but no cars ever tried to cross the barriers. A few people asked me directions to the starting line. But for the most part I just watched 40,000 runners go by and the growing party of drunkards across the street from me. They were handing beers to the runners, until they got tired of sharing. A man 50 yards from me was handing out bacon. Most runners regretted taking a bite and tossed their uneaten portion near my station. There was a muddy slip-in-slide, people shooting marshmallows into the crowd, and lots and lots of costumes.
My parents know some big wig in Boulder who can get them tickets to the VIP party after the race in the club house of CU stadium. They also got tickets for me and the elders who live in their basement. The elder's from my ward supposedly ran the whole race in their suits, but I never saw them.
Being Memorial Day, lots of people had race bibs dedicated to their loved ones. My mom ran for my cousin, Ryan, in the Navy and my Dad's step-dad.

1 Comments:

At 12:44 AM , Blogger LeAnne said...

WE would have fun no matter what race we ran, Brind and Julia ran one for her birthday.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home