Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Trek

Posting from my phone just isn't as good as my computer. Finding time to get out that old dinosaur is another story (I'm kidding..). But really, I'm finding it more and more of a hassle to use my laptop now that the iPhone has taken over my life.
Trek was great. They gave us an awesome family with three strong sons and one tiny (who was very content watching his big brothers do all the work) and 6 wonderful, spiritual, mature, and kind daughters who asked me to tuck them in each night (girl time, really..so fun!).
Physically, I wish we'd gone farther, like 2-3 miles a day..but we were all exhausted by the end of it, nonetheless. The time outdoors spent with these valiant (yes, valiant!) youth was awesome! Geof says he wishes we could go back. I'd love to be on the planning committee for the next Trek now that I've done it once--just to make it a little more "rough" and "pioneer"..but still SUCH a great experience.
My cousin's wife watched our kids (they're living in No. VA for 18 months) and I took her three youngest back to Richmond with me after Trek. Fun to have cousins around. Junie had her bday party today. She's not 5 for another two days but we thought it'd be easier to plan for a party before the 4th than after.
Caution: lots-o-pics (the usual!)

2 Comments:

At 8:43 AM , Blogger Mindi said...

Oh, I love it! Those pics are awesome, what a great experience.

 
At 12:24 PM , Blogger LeAnne said...

We need to borrow Uncle Gary's handcarts and have a pioneer trek of our own. You are the cutest pioneers ever! I love the picture of the 2 of you and the picture of Darla and the girls. Really I love all the pictures. The pictures of JUNIE are beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home