Monday, November 05, 2012

Goings on of VA BENNETTS

We had cousin Lydia and my sister Amy come stay with us last week. The kids adored their quiet cousin who spent literally hours on the trampoline with them and read to them each night. Come back, Lydia!! My cousin Ivy who lives in DC brought her dad down who just happened to also be visiting from CA and her two boys to trick or treat with us. It was great. I spent $15 on a huge bag of candy from Costco and my door was knocked on twice.  A total of 6 kids..mostly teenagers. I learned my lesson (lesson being that our house is at the end of a dark street..why would you stop here?)


 Amy, Lydia, and I took the day Thursday and headed up to DC. My friend called it an "adult" field trip. It was wonderful. Not sure of the name of this plant..but I want it!! All the plants and shrubs and trees located around the Smithsonian are labeled. Why didn't I get the name of this one?! We also visited the American Indian Museum (quite possibly a favorite), Natural History, and American History..as well as most of the monuments on the "mall" strip (Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, etc).
 Just a few more pics from our beach trip back in early October. I wanna go back..

 So does Geof. This is what he did most of the time.

 We took Amy and Lydia to Maymont because that's just what you do when you come to Richmond. BeaUtiful!

 This pics are uploading randomly..here's Lydia feeding a quite social squirrel.  He had no fear of us petting or feeding his chubby little body. Geof. says there's a squirrel epidemic going on. They're taking over!!
The only pic of the three of us that wasn't too scary..sadly.

I just love reading all the quotes everywhere in D.C. This was a good one at the Lincoln Memorial. So great to live so close to history!!

4 Comments:

At 3:11 PM , Blogger Ellynn said...

Looks like fun! Glad you got to play with Amy.

 
At 4:46 PM , Blogger Meags said...

Oh man darla the timing on this post kills me! I've been thinking of you guys and Richmond and DC constantly lately. It was just about a year ago that I spent my heavenly birthday with you!! What did Amy do with her other two girlies? Lucky Lydia!

 
At 4:53 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

I bought the $15 bag of Costco candy also. I didn't hide it very well and Adam & the kids had it half eaten mid October. Unfortunately I also discovered that Kirtland Signature peanut butter cups are 109x better than Resses and it is not possible to eat less than five in a sitting. I want to go to all those museums with you someday!

 
At 4:37 PM , Blogger LeAnne said...

We need to do a DC trip. Honestly it is up there with Disneyland. I love it! Love the pictures!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home