Saturday, November 03, 2012

Boil, boil, bubble and brew

In honor of Halloween, Mad was blessed with a creepy boil. Now I won't disgust you with all of the absolutely horrific details, but I will tell you that it has been a nightmare. I told her that I had seen women give birth naturally with less screaming. Just ridiculous. Anyway, today I asked her what she would do if she had them all over her body.
"I would probably make sure someone ran over my head."
I think she really meant it. Anyone else ever had one? Are they really THAT bad?
Anyway congrats to Cor on his first half. One fine day we're all going to run some awesomely great relay or other race together as a family. It will be glorious.
Can you tell I'm bored? Kev is watching Vampire Diaries and I, as some of you may recall, am not allowed to watch even mildly frightening things. While the lambs have, thankfully, stayed within the confines of my minds pasture, I will still weekly have jump-out-of-my-bed nightmares. What is wrong with me? Anyway, thanks to Joanie (and the talented Monni who took them) who posted these cute pictures of me and my daughter (by daughter, I mean Janie. Although, now I'm looking and my actual daughter is in there too. Huh). Love them.

9 Comments:

At 8:04 AM , Blogger Meags said...

My dad had a boil and it was horrendous! I think he had two doctors visits and tons of pain. Poor Maddie!

 
At 9:40 AM , Blogger Darla said...

Poor Mad, is right! Gorgeous pics of you two!!

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger Ellynn said...

Kev watches vampire diaries?! I am laughing hysterically in my mind right now. Tell him we'll have to have a girl's night in. We can watch it together and I'll braid his hair and paint his toenails.

 
At 2:41 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

For real, Ellynn. "They're really addicting," he says like, it's out of his hands. I told him of course they are. They are soap operas. Why did he think I watched All My Children everyday for 25 years?
Meags and Darla, I guess I need to have more sympathy for the little screamer.

 
At 3:11 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

Please disregard my blatant ignorance with the use of apostrophes in these posts. Sheesh.

 
At 9:08 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

Two cute girls!!!

 
At 9:12 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

You and Jane are both beautiful! Boils look so disgusting and angry they have to hurt. Tell Kevy I just love him! Jane watched The Grudge last night and called me to stay on the phone with her on her drive home. It was pretty funny.

 
At 9:16 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

Don't knock Vampires, I love that show. And yes you were raised on All my Children! That boil has it's own zip code!

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger LeAnne said...

El's was the size of a golf ball and I still monitor the sight...there are 2 holes that I....well enough of that! It's gross unless you like to pop horrendous zits or watch decomposing faces as in Night of the Living Dead. Is Vampire Diaries anything like that show.
You and Janie are both beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home