Thursday, November 01, 2012

Halloween :-/

I didn't get a picture of my little nerd (Jackson) but here are the rest of us at Cory's office trick or treating.




It's still weird that Cory works at an office. In fact when jack told Andy (his best friend) where we were going he asked, "that little closet off the dinning room?". We were cracking up, but to Andy's credit he usually comes over on Friday and Cory works from home in that little office on Fridays. Halloween is like most holidays for me... Great build up and anticipation, a TON of work trying to make it perfect, then so much complaining, frustration, and disappointment from kids and mom that it didn't go as dreamed, it's kind of sad. Plus as an added bonus throw in the fact that we're all over tired, two kids had tons of homework and I ate so many minis you could have fed a starving nation and really what you have is a recipe for disaster. We ending the night all super angry and me going on strike. Which is working out nicely for me because I'm still in bed. (If I get up I'll be tempted to work). By the way whoever thought that Halloween should happen on a school night didn't have children.
So now it's November 1st and I can start dreaming and planning the next three holidays, my favorites I might add, (my birthday being one of them). So that I can be even more disappointed when I end up ruining them too. Oh well life goes on and hopefully my kids will be in such a candy coma they won't remember that I really was a witch!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 Comments:

At 11:13 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

I'm sorry sister. I have the same problem with holiday anticipation. We all just need to lower our expectations. You all looked very darling however and I know that at least your birthday will be great because I'LL BE THERE!!!

 
At 12:13 PM , Blogger Alicia said...

I too suffer from HATE (holiday anticipation turns to exasperation). I never knew there were others. Let's start a support group. It's a crippling condition and I'm ready for help.

 
At 3:16 PM , Blogger Meags said...

Sign me up leash, I'm in! And elly the only reason we looked that good was because mom came down and did 90% of the getting people ready, ie wil, Harris', and Benny's make up. But thank you and I hate my birthday. I think when you turn (insert whisper) 35 it makes you officially freaking old!!

 
At 5:55 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

You all need to relax about the Holidays! I stressed about them and made myself crazy for years! Take it from me it comes and goes with or without the stress! Relax and enjoy, only fun memories!

 
At 5:56 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

If you think that 35 is old, wait till you hit 57!!!!

 
At 8:30 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

Jacki, great advice! Leash, the most acronym ever, and I know, we are in the Army!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home