Thursday, January 10, 2013

Granny

Sadly, I have very few memories of Granny. I remember waiting for the trailer to show up in the driveway near the end of the school year and being so excited when it finally did! Hiding the folding from her because mom didn't want her to fold all our clothes. I remember waffles in the trailer and asking grandma if the berry I had picked was a huckleberry or a poisonous one. I remember exactly how her face looked at her viewing. The most distinct memory I have of granny wasn't a memory at all. It was a dream I had the night before Brooke and mike got married and I woke up crying because I missed her so much. I also felt her on my mission. It seemed like Finland had a million frogs. My trainer gave me a little blanket with a frog on it and stuffed frog when I came into the country. I really didn't think much about it until a little girl at church gave me a little bead frog she had made. I remember looking at it in relief society as a sister was talking about temple work and how she had a testimony that the work was really taking place on both sides of the veil. Right at that moment I knew why so many frogs were popping up! I think it was granny's way of saying "hi" and I felt that she was likely doing the same work i was, just on the other side of the veil.
I wish I remembered/knew her better. But as Joanie said, she will be waiting for each of us when our test is over and I will get that chance :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM , Blogger Joan said...

Loved your comment about the frogs. I was trying to post a picture of mom visiting me on my mission. She was the best ever!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home