Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy Belated Birthday Blog

Dear Geofy George,

Blame your big sister that I didn't get anything posted for your birthday. We were babysitting in Lacey. You did get a call and we did celebrate at Disneyland....THe HaPPIesT PLAcE ON EARtH!

I have never met anyone more determined that you Geoffrey and disciplined!!! You told me once that I was the only one that didn't think you knew how to work. I take that back now...YOu have improved a bunch since you were a teenager! I watch you when we go to visit. You sit for hours working, never leaving your desk....not even for meals. This from a boy that has always loved to move! YOu work so hard to provide well for your family!

You are brilliant! While you are writing up all your reports at record speed and typing faster than I can read you are listening to some podcast to become more informed about whatever. I can barely concentrate on one thing at a time.

I remember you taking time to write a poem for Kathleen's 50th birthday. You and Adam and I went to her surprise party, remember! She still has it! Thank you for your thoughtfulness. You have a poet's soul.

When you were a teenager I would ask you to do something and you would say no. You would get so mad at me because I would ignore it. You asked me if I thought you were weak willed, did I not think you meant it? I told you I never thought of you as weak willed but I knew your heart. I knew you didn't want to do it...YOu really didn't in your head, but in your heart you knew it was a good thing to do and you would do it. I did ask at one point if we could just skip to the part where you JUST DID IT!!!

You really are a funny kid. I remember you kept losing one of your Sunday shoes. We were always running late for church...Imagine that? So one week I wrapped your shoeless foot in an ace bandage and had you go that way. Then there was the week you forgot to put on your shoes. You had on good socks so I told you to make a game of it and see how many people noticed that you didn't have shoes on that day and give me a count. Then there was the time your nose peeled and all your freckles came off. You thought you looked funny and were pitching a fit so I carefully drew some freckles on your nose with my eyebrow pencil. Getting you out the door for church was always a bit of a challenge. I am so glad you are so faithful now!!!

Well I have to save some stories for another year and I do need to write something for Elly's Birthday before I burn out. It is her Big 30...

I love you Geof. George with all my heart! YOu are the BeSt Man EVer!

MOM  

When you finally call it a day your first thought is what you can do to entertain Cole. He does help you remember that that should be your first thought! Then it is on to your girls. What can you do that is fun with them! Never an empty moment!

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

Geof, you are such an excellent brother. I always love sharing ideas with you and listening to your point of view. You do have a wonderful heart and a creative and intelligent mind. A girl could not have better brothers than the ones I have. I love you brother!

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

Such a great man. Love you #

 
At 8:26 PM , Blogger Joan said...

I absolutely love reading about you! Love the freckle story! Thank you for coming.and spending thanksgiving with us a few years ago, that was the best and for going and seeing Lindsey in savannah! I always knew you were special because you are the only one that gets "bumps" like me!! We are siecial!! Hope you had a great birthday! Love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home