Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A few thoughts on A.I.- Brooke

Okay, so tonight I had to agree with the judges. Bo Bice was by far the best. It takes REAL talent to sing accappella (I know I'm not spelling that right but I'm drawing a blank), especially in front of a crowd. I don't think, however, that Paula did him any favors by choosing "Satisfaction." Simon's commentary about hearing it sung like that at weddings is exactly right. No one can sing it like the original. Carrie did a good job, but so did Vonzel. They are neck and neck in my book. I haven't built up the relationship with any of them like you all have.

Lyd and Chels- I understand the whole schedule thing. Work, schmirk, as the girls in my family are fond of saying. Just know that you are both welcome to visit me any time, anywhere I live. Hopefully that will include Europe sometime in the next few years. I'm praying that we get Italy some day. Yeah, then I bet you all come visit.

Yes, it's true. I had to call and admonish my younger sister. I hadn't been able to get ahold of her on the phone and she was not blogging as she should. I was a bit concerned. You know how psycho Meagan gets when she's not wearing her sixes and running 30 miles a day. Kidding loverly. I can't believe you aren't going with Glynnis.

So I have developed this overwhelming desire to learn to ride a unicycle. Seriously, thoughts of learning to ride have invaded my thoughts way too much lately. Of course I can't say it would be too good for my back. You see I know Lyd and Jess to be pretty coordinated girls. You take their mistakes and multiply them times 50 or 60 and you can only imagine the injuries I would be dealing with. Heck, I'd be dead.

Cameron, I love the Harley story. That is too cute. I also picture our little Monie teaching her daughter and that is too cute too. You have such a sweet, good wife.

Today was another great day in the back yard. Sadie is going to have nothing to open on her birthday because Mike and I keep giving her all her presents. I gave her two of the three dresses I bought at Old Navy and Mike blew up her very cool pool for her. All the kids on our side of the street were spread across three yards. It was a water extravaganza. I had on my swimsuit attempting to get my legs that currently reflect moonbeams some color. My arms and face are getting a little too dark for my taste but nary a drop of color has developed below the waist and above the ankle (I do have chaco lines on my feet).

Mindi, thank you for the card and pictures. I can't believe how much K and E look alike in the one. We loved having you guys...and I remember that night of dancing fondly as well. Poor uncle Kev.

How's our Auntie Jack feeling these days? Anybody can fill me in. Ellyn just woke up again so I'm done for the night.
P.S. Geof. I love your description of seeing the Ring. Too funny. I will not let Mike rent The Grudge, the previews freaked me out. Rigby girls, it really is amazing you aren't more scarred by all the scary movies I remember you guys talking about when we were little. Okay, I'm going to make like a tree and butt out. Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home