Thursday, July 14, 2005

4am and a bucket of Dreyers

Well, it's finally begun. The waking up for no particular reason. Someone told me it's your body getting you ready for those middle of the night feedings. Great.
Chels and Jess,I couldn't agree more. We were outside working in the yard at like 9:30 and I felt like I was in a sauna. Clo was half naked, drenching herself with the hose, trying to stay cool. That poor kid is the hottest baby I know. Speaking of the little whosk, we took her to Lowes tonight. We needed some electrical stuff for the basement and thought if we took in her little stroller for her baby doll she would be nice for us. Yeah right. After about 15 minutes and one trip to the top of one of those 2 story ladder/staircase things, I was carrying her out. She was mad she didn't get to go back up the ladder, so she was screaming as loud as she could. Anyway, we get out to the car and we were talking about her anger management issues(translation: receiving the hardest spanking of her life. Just kidding. That child has never even had a spanking). She was sitting in the passenger seat and was being all wild and laughing. All of a sudden she jumps straight up, into the windshield, spider-webbing it into a 12 inch radius. I let out a scream like I've never heard come out of me, sure she'd sliced her head open. She had this weird look and just sat back in the seat. I grabbed her (screaming, of course) and she just started crying. Amazingly, there was nothing wrong with her. I couldn't believe that she actually broke the windshield with her melon. Pretty crazy. Then, later at home I was holding her and she snuggled up to me and whispered "I yuve you." She was just trying to take me through every one of the emotions she possibly could in one day.
Anywho, I'd better stop before I eat this whole thing of ice cream (it's for the baby). I love all of you. Meags and Mindi - you guys are nuts with the whole pain thing. I've been psyching myself out for days, trying to be brave like you guys. I keep thinking about mom and how painful her therapy is and it's all helping me to pretend like this labor is just going to be a piece of cake compared to that. We'll see. Two weeks and counting. Leash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home