Saturday, July 30, 2005

Two kids and scared crapless



Well, so I'm a mother of two. Eeps. We got home yesterday and all I could think about when Jess came and dropped Clo off was how on earth do you balance all of your attention? How do you make everybody feel important and facilitate a harmonious atmosphere conducive to learning and high self esteem as well as love and happiness? Just kidding. That's just the percocet talking. Actually I haven't even taken any of my pain pills after "the incident." I was by myself in the hospital (Kev had to go home because Clo freaked out in the night) and the nurse said I could have a pain pill because I had only taken some motrin the whole time. So she gave it to me and about 20 minutes later I was sure I was slowly being paralyzed. Everything felt really funny and numb. I later learned it was just doing its job. Anyway, so here I'm thinking that I've been overdosed and I wake up to all this commotion outside my room. I hear nurses saying "her blood pressure is too high" and I'm thinking it's the girl next door who I know had already had her baby. I'm like, what the hell can go wrong after you've had the baby?! I had a baby, and I've been overdosed! I'm next! Again, the percocet was helping me think like this. I almost called Kev and made him come back out. Anyway, it was fine. It was some other girl and everything went ok. Stupid story, but funny in a way.
Anyhow, I don't want you guys to be too impressed - especially you Mindi - but I did hold out for as long as I could for the epidural. Finally when I had 3 huge contractions in a row (without a break in between, I swear) I was begging for it. I almost gave the anesthesiologist an open mouthed kiss. It was great. Anyway, about 20 minutes later my nurse checked me. As she checked me she picked up the phone and told the nurse to get my doctor there now. I was already a ten. About 15 minutes later I had her. I was only in labor for about 5 hours. Ya, I'm now pretty excited about the prospect of our next child being born in the car on the way to the hospital.
Anyway, these are pictures of my little angels. Notice how Clo has to have a baby seat as well. They are sitting in the sun, trying to get rid of their jaundice. Actually Maddie really does have a small degree of jaundice, but hopefully it will flush itself out. Ok, that's it. Love you guys Leash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home