Friday, September 23, 2005

False eyelashes and a gift from the chef

What else could you need to make a birthday complete? I went and got makeover in the morning from my favorite lady and I always end up looking so fabulous that I just mindlessly hand her my Visa afterwards, purchasing every product in an attempt to try and recreate the beauty when I get home. What usually happens is I end up pretty well pissed off the next day, holding a $13 eyeliner. Anyway, she put some fake eyelashes on me and I think I looked somewhat like a young Audry Hepburn.
So we go to dinner at a place called the Metropolitan. I felt like we were in New York City. It was so cool. You know the food that Julia Roberts has to taste and review in "My Best Friends Wedding?" - it was just like that. We order and shortly afterwards we are presented with a gift from the chef. I don't know about you guys, but I don't usually get a whole lot of gifts from the chef at the Golden corral. We were pretty well out of our element as six servers came and in a carefully orchestrated, simultaneous manner presented us with the gift. It was a slice, yes a slice mind you, of strawberry with a dollop of goat cheese, topped with mint. After the initial giggles and jokes we all enjoyed the morsel. We then proceeded to enjoy the rest of the meal, which as a result of, I will never be the same. Now I know how the other half lives. Every bite of everything was disturbingly delicious. We sat and ate as our one neighboring table of gay men toasted every 5 minutes and the other table of doctors discussed a case involving a smashed 4th metatarsal. It was pretty crazy.
Anyway, it was a pretty fun birthday. I got to go to the gym with Jessi in the morning, making it possible for me to be civil for the rest of the day. Also, Kev braved Walmart by himself (that act alone is a huge display of his love for me) and got me CD's, flowers and a huge balloon. Chloe kept singing Happy Birthday to me all day and reminding me with this cute little falsetto voice that we were going to have a "party!" It was a pretty cool day. Anywho Maddie is back asleep so I'm outta here.
Leash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home