Sunday, September 25, 2005

ODE TO MICHAEL

Michael, my love, you were sent from above
to fill my life with joy.
We have three gorgeous girls, two that have curls,
but alas we do not have a boy.

But that's cool with you. You've never been blue,
you've taken it all in stride. Our life has been
magic, sometimes a bit tragic. But hey, that's
part of the ride.

Whatever I do, I know I have you
to back me when things get rough.
I know you're a softie, a lover, a friend
although to a sranger you're tough.

When I think of you I see Mt. Dew,
poured into glasses of ice.
I see you in a chair holding dolls
with no hair while your daughters
dress up to look nice.

We've been coast to coast, lived more places than most
but we've always had "love at home."
We're not always together, we've seen all kinds of weather.
We've lived where the buffaloes roam.

I love your hands, your voice, your smile. For a wink from you
I'd walk many a mile. I still get butterflies way down in my tummy when you
walk in the room. Phew that I chose you
those long years ago to be my handsome groom.

This year will be long, to be apart is so wrong.
But just remeber this. Almost twelve years ago
we made promises strong and sealed them all with a kiss.

I love you and I'm sorry I didn't even mention you (actually I did- as provider of the LOST addiction) in my last blog, it's not for lack of love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home