Friday, September 23, 2005

Weaning- Day Two

Okay, yesterday I sat Ellyn down on the counter, looked her in the eye, and told her we were done nursing. We couldn't nurse any more. Since that time she has only nursed once- in the middle of the night. Not only that but yesterday she would start crying and take out her binky to nurse and then she would stop and put it back in. Today she hasn't even tried. I guess waiting till they are starting pre-school and can understand exactly what you are saying really helps with the whole weaning thing. So in just a week or so I should have completely even A cups. I've only been nursing on one side for about 6 mos. now. Ever since I thought I was going to wean her in "just a week or two" and let her nurse just on the one side. It will be just so great to be so evenly flat again.

Besides that, let's see. Meagan and I, and Cory when he's home, have been going pretty much non-stop. Going, as in "playing" but I don't want to say that too clearly. Actually it always involves seven children, so you know how much "playing" that really is. The high-light of our life right now is LOST. Mike got us hooked on the first season. So now, for the past three nights and continuing tonight, we put the children to bed and watch until midnight or so. Yes, on school nights even. Don't worry the kids go right back to sleep and they are going to bed waaay earlier than usual because we are so anxious to begin our journey to the island. I'd wager that LOST could beat the pants off OC any day of the week.

Anywho- Leash, you crack me up. You could live the way the other half lives. Just start doing stand-up. I laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh every time I read your blogs. By the way I really enjoy all the comments about how great our blog is and how these people just love it. It's so sincere, so spontaneous. It just makes me want to find a way to earn $800 dollars a week from the comfort of my own home.

Okay, I have to go now. I told Meagan I needed a couple of hours to get all the crap done that mom wanted done before she got home and look, I'm blogging. I dare say moving back home really brings out the kid in ya. You should all try it. Mom actually asked me if my bed was made and my room cleaned up when I came up for breakfast the Sunday before she left. Granted, she had made breakfast for me, so I forgave her after an hour or five. Alright, I've wasted just enough time that I will only have time to feed the kids and load them in the car and drive down to go with the Allen family to the BGHS football game. We are going to watch it from the park across the street. Don't worry, I sound all tough and rebelious and lazy and stuff but I'm not a teenager anymore. I actually did a few loads of laundry, unpacked my last box, and cleared all of Ellynn's and Brind's and Jordan's shoes off ALL of the shoe shelves in the garage and established official STINCHFIELD shelves. I'm sure Ellynn won't mind in FOUR AND A HALF MONTHS!!!! YEAH!!! Evidently I'm in to caps and exclaimation points today. I love you all. Chels and Jess, good to hear from you. Lyd, as well, although now I think it is actually time for you all to blog again. Take care fam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home