Sunday, October 09, 2005

ColoradoBennett--

Wow, Mike, what a post. The longest one in blogger history, I think. It was so wonderful to hear from you and read all the details of the goings on in Korea. I'm sure excited to visit you guys in Italy. I overheard Jane saying that in her room in Italy she plans to have paintings on the wall by some Italian artists plus she'd like to have her own art stand (specifically called an esiel, but I can't spell that right) set up so she can paint too. Great plan, I say.
We are having a wonderful time here in BG. Quick story: Brooke, Sadie, and Ellyn picked us up at the airport in the Allen's Montero. Brooke and I were loading some things while Adam and Sierra went back in to pick up the rest of our luggage. I was putting the middle row seats back into position and there was a can of Fix-a-Flat under the seats. That nice little voice of logic in my head told me to move the can before dropping the seat, but I ignored it. Consequently, the can was punctured and slippery white foam exploded all over the car. After the explosion, foam kept spraying out of the can at an unbelievable rate. I pulled it out of the car and held it down by the road until Brooke directed me to a trash can. I ran to the trash, a spueing can leaving a trail behind me, and disposed of the terrible mess. The many onlookers were aghast at what they just beheld. It took Brooke and I a few minutes and more than a few baby wipes to clean out the car. Just as we were finishing up, Adam arrived with the luggage and we loaded up and got the heck out of there, leaving a very slippery mess behind. Well, I guess Brooke did tell a traffic guard what happened and he said they'd get a clean-up crew on it right away. There was a terrible chemical smell in the car, so we froze Brooke all the way home by having a window down. So now you know, listen to that little voice and don't put Fix-a-flat under the seat.
I better go, apparently Sierra just jumped into the tub with Brooke's kids and I've got to go get her out.
love to the blog and Christmas Vacation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home