Monday, December 19, 2005

Seattle Bennett and Colorado Bennett "Santa Baby, hurry down the chimney"

What happens on this blog stays on this blog, no telling anyone! Oh man, this month has just been a whirlwind! Somehow I found my self in the middle of planning the food and "The Prophet's Last Christmas" skit for the ward party (Adam played Porter Rockwell and our down syndrome friend in the ward, Ben, played Joseph Smith), having the Young Women do the 12 days of Christmas for a couple ladies in the ward, organizing a gift collection and delivering gifts and turkeys to 6 needy families, helping with a party for the Sunday School/YM/YW, plus family gift exchanges, parties and Santa's suprise bun in the oven. Let's just say I'm really bad at delegation. Or, rather, as Adam calls it, our ward as the STP problem (Same Ten People doing everything). It has been really fun and I love our little ward family. Cory, the only way you can make it up to me for not passing on the phone message to Meagan, is to post the letters you wrote to Ellynn and Brind. Otherwise, I'll find a way to make your Land Rover disappear in a puff of smoke. Now I quote from the first lines of Charles Dickens' "The Life of Our Lord" which I highly recommend you read this season. "My Dear Children, I am very anxious that you should know something about the History of Jesus Christ. For everybody ought to know about Him. No one ever lived who was so good, so kind, so gentle, and so sorry for all people who did wrong, or were in any way ill or miserable, as He was. And as He is now in Heaven, where we hope to go, and all to meet each other after we are dead, and there be happy always together, you never can think what a good place Heaven is, without knowing who He was and what He did."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home