Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Garlic chowder anyone?

Move over Aunt Joanie, your diet soda story has got nothing on this...

Last night I wanted to try a new recipe called white corn tortilla soup. Mom and dad are out of town so I thought I would go to their house and make it. I doubled the recipe and invited Alicia, Kev and the girls over for dinner and AI.
The recipe called for two cloves of garlic so doubled is 4. I have never used fresh garlic so I thought you used the whole thing. Come to find out you only use one of the little things inside. Funny how the grocery store calls it a clove of garlic instead of a bunch of cloves of garlic...how misleading. Much to my chagrin it was like garlic soup instead. Needless to say, mom's house REEKS and I uninvited Leash and Kev. Tony was so nice. He said it was delicious and ate it anyways. It tasted okay to me only because I had become immune to the garlic smell during the saute process, in which my eyes nearly burned out of my sockets. I couldn't even look in the pot to see if the garlic and onions were "translucent" because of the searing pain it caused. And now all I have to show for it is garlic breath and two tupperwares of leftover sick soup. I have been brushing my teeth and gargling like a mad woman. Oh well, live and learn. Luckily the one good thing is that I had such a hard time mincing the garlic that I only ended up using two whole bunches of cloves (as I will lovingly refer to it for the rest of my life) instead of four, so things could've been worse.

Smell ya later, Jess

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home