Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Seattle Bennett Living in Colorado

So for the first time in my adult life I planted a garden and let me tell you, I am seriously doubting its value. After demoing a sidewalk, rototilling the ground and putting up a fence that divided Max kennel into max land and garden we went to the nursery and asked if anything would grow where junipers and dogs once lived and they said yes. So we plotted on picking out starters for the vegetables and melons we thought we would eat, came home and planted our garden in nice rows and mounds of good dirt I had just bought. After unsuccessfully trying to use the well we have for free water and trying sprinkler, drip,and soak systems we finally got a system that worked in the meantime I have gone back to the nursery to replacement 30% of the starters I had already managed to kill off in a few days time. Now everything is set, and all is good, all I have to do is drag the hose across the drive hook up the quick connect a set the timer. Yea right, I arose this morning to my beautiful wife telling me max has managed his way into the garden, string of profanity and running out to the garden in my skibbies to toss the dog into the truck and get back inside to get ready for work and have enough time to replant what plants got trampled and are still salvageable. So if I don't kill my garden max will take over in the killing process.
Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home