Tuesday, July 18, 2006

ColoradoBennett

Happy Birthday, Lindsey!
Congrats to Brind. I spoke with LeAnne yesterday and just heard raving reviews about this said Kim. We can't wait to meet her.
On Sunday we took our neighbor to Church with us and had a great experience. This summer the stake has challenged the youth to read parts of "Preach My Gospel", invite someone to church, give a non-member a Book of Mormon, invite someone to hear the missionary discussions, etc. I've been praying to keep up with the challenge and this weekend it all fell into place. I left the house on Saturday morning with a few precious moments of alone walking time. There was this guy named Bob at the house across the street and we started talking. He just moved into the house and it happens to be the eye sore of our street, the house I often day dream about bulldozing. After talking for a while he said, "You guys went to church last Sunday, didn't you? God bless you." From there it was so easy for me to invite him to come with us the next day and he eagerly accepted. On the way to church he said things like "it is so nice of you to take me to church with you, in your nice air conditioned car, I really needed this today." I was instantly humbled, and felt like a huge jerk for driving past his house all the time and wishing it would be condemned. He stayed all three meetings with us and said he had a wonderful time and would love to come next week. I gave him a Book of Mormon and today I talked with him briefly and he said he was reading it. He also said, "Is it true the Donny and Marie are mormons too? So movie stars can be Christians?" Kind of goofy, but really a great guy and an amazing answer to my prayers to be a missionary and have a "Gospel Sharing Home". Brigham Young said, "There is neither man or woman in this Church who is not on a mission. That mission will last as long as they live, and it is to do good, to promote righteousness, to teach the principles of truth, and to prevail upon themselves and everybody around them to live those principles that they may obtain eternal life." We can do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home