Monday, September 25, 2006

Crabb's

I can't remember the last time that I posted on here. If I am repeating myself I apologize and you can just skip this and read the next post.

We are doing very well. We took the family to Lake Powell the first week of September and had a blast. The girls loved playing in the water and building sand castles. We even got Eliza to ride on the tubes behind the boat and she loved it. I think Harley was still a little traumatized from last year when her Grandpa threw her off the tube. We had a great trip even though it rained a couple of times and just like every time I have been to Powell we were able to help some people who were broken down and stranded. I guess if you want to play you have to put in the work first. We spent one night in Page AZ in the emergency room while my little brother and I got stitched up after a fun afternoon on the water-weenie. The next day we were taking the houseboat in and I was driving our car from Antelope Point marina over to Wahweep Marina. When my phone finally got service I had a text message saying that I needed to call my mother-in-law because our house had flooded while we were gone. We came home the next day to a house with no carpet pad and the carpet was all laid out with fans to dry it. Most of our furiture had been moved into different rooms where the floor was dry, and Jordans room in the basement had had the ceiling ripped out and about 1 foot up from the floor all the way around the room they had removed the drywall. So we are staying at Paula's while the try and get everything put back together. They still have to take out all of the door jams and the window frames downstairs because the water had warped the moldings. Good thing we had the brothers taking care of our dog or the water would have ran for about 4 full days. Instead it was only hours. So that is what is going on at our house right now.

Monica is doing really good considering she looks like she is about to pop. We went to the Doctor last Thursday and they figure Beck weighs about 6 1/2lbs. which is what our girls both weighed at full term. If she doesn't come on her own by Oct 17th the will induce labor but her dr seems to think she won't last that long. So we are really hoping that they can get our house finished soon so we can be home to prepare the house for a newborn again.

I got to go on a limited entry elk hunt with my dad on the 16th and it was great. The hunt started that morning and he shot him at 7:30am. It took us until 2:00pm to quarter him and pack him out to the truck. But we had a great time.

It's been good to hear from everyone - keep the blogs coming because we all check them often even if we don't write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home